Aug 02 2012
|more articles from|
Qatar Elec & Water Co 2Q Net Pft Falls 22% to QAR348.1 Mln
Thursday, Aug 02, 2012
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Qatar Electricity and Water Co. (QEWS.DO), or QEWC , a company that runs the Gulf state's power and desalination plants, on Thursday posted a 22% year-on-year fall in second-quarter net profit to 348.1 million Qatari riyals ($95.63 million).
The company made a net profit of QAR638.9 million in the six-month period, down from QAR669 million for the same period last year, QEWC said in a statement posted on the Doha bourse website. It didn't provide a quarterly profit figure and the numbers have been calculated using data from Zawya.com.
The company's earning per share amounted to QAR6.39 as of June 30, versus QAR6.69 for the corresponding period in 2011, the statement added.
-By Nikhil Lohade, Dow Jones Newswires; +9714 446-1694; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @ZDJnews
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Power & Utilities
- UPDATE 1-Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- There's More