Sep 18 2012
|more articles from|
Passengers can save Dh200 on first RAK-Abu Dhabi flight
John Brayford, chief executive officer of RAK Airways , said the airline - using A320 - will start with four flights per week and raise frequency to daily from December 2012 and double daily flights from March 2013.
The airline announced on Monday that plan to start domestic flight from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi from October 3, 2012 are in place with return fare of Dh410 - which is approximately Dh200 less than the taxi fare.
Under its international expansion plan, the carrier will start flights to Calicut, India, from April next year with the addition of third aircraft and will fly to Dammam, Saudi Arabia, later with fourth aircraft. The fouth aircraft will be added in the fleet in November 2013.
The carrier is hoping to add Germany and US to its network shortly.
The airline serves nine destinations with two aircraft at the moment. It will add Abu Dhabi as a 10th destination and then five new international sectors.
RAK Airways earlier this month signed a distribution deal with Travelport. Under the deal, Galileo and Worldspan-connected users worldwide will gain access to all of RAK Airways fares and inventory with immediate effect.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More