Aug 01 2012
|more articles from|
National Bank of Kuwait Completes Purchase of Boubyan Stake
Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012
(This story was originally published Tuesday)
BEIRUT (Zawya Dow Jones)-- National Bank of Kuwait SAK ( NBK .KW), or NBK , Tuesday said it has completed the acquisition of an additional 11.05% stake in local Boubyan Bank SAK (BOUBYAN.KW) for 121.7 million Kuwaiti dinars ($431.9 million).
NBK , Kuwait's largest bank by market value, said it concluded the acquisition Tuesday after receiving the approval of the country's Capital Markets Authority.
NBK said last week that the acquisition will raise its stake in the Islamic bank to 58.34% from 47.29%. NBK said in June that Kuwait's central bank extended to October its approval for NBK to increase its stake in Boubyan to 60%.
-By Shikrallah Nakhoul, Zawya Dow Jones; +961 1 985757; firstname.lastname@example.org
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- There's More