May 21 2012
|more articles from|
Egypt Finance Ministry: Saudi To Buy $500M Egyptian Treasury Bills
Monday, May 21, 2012
CAIRO (Zawya Dow Jones)--Saudi Arabia will buy $500 million worth of Egyptian treasury bills by June 1, extending its pledge to support the North African country's economy post revolution, Egypt's ministry of finance said.
Finance Minister Momtaz el Saied said in a statement Sunday that the government is also currently in negotiations with the central bank to deposit a $1 billion loan already obtained by the Saudi government to support its budget.
The rest of the Saudi support package includes $500 million for financing government projects, $200 million as a grant directed to small and medium-size enterprises and $250 million to finance petroleum imports from the kingdom.
-By Farah Halime; Contributing to Dow Jones Newswires; +20111 4994453 Fhalime@gmail.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More