Jul 23 2012
|more articles from|
Education is an investment in the future
Monday, Jul 23, 2012
The one sure way for the citizens of the UAE to benefit from the social and economic development of the country is for them to be granted education.
Education will give them the skills to take advantage of the economic opportunities that have been created by the rapid growth of the country, through employment and entrepreneurship. Those that can secure jobs or build their own businesses will be able to improve their living standards and — perhaps more importantly — be able to provide better prospects for their children. This will ensure that the growth and development of the citizens of the UAE are sustainable and better opportunities are created for every generation.
This is why the decision by the UAE Cabinet to approve a Federal Law, making education compulsory for UAE citizens from the age of six to 18 years, is an investment in the future of the nation. Importantly, the proposed legislation provides for the enforcement of the law. Among other provisions, it states that the guardian of the child will be responsible for ensuring that he or she attends school and completes education.
Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- There's More