May 17 2012
|more articles from|
Dubai courts to hear legal cases against Nakheel
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Dubai: The Legal Affairs Department of the Dubai Government said Dubai Courts will hear cases involving Nakheel and its subsidiaries, following Nakheel’s separation from Dubai World which took place on August 23, 2011.
“The Legal Affairs Department advised that the Dubai World Special Tribunal, which was established by His Highness [Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and] the Ruler of Dubai pursuant to Decree No. 57 of 2009 [as amended], to decide the disputes relating to the financial position of Dubai World and its subsidiaries, had previously been the appropriate forum to hear such cases,” a statement said.
“However, by virtue of the restructuring of Dubai World , which led to the separation of Nakheel and its subsidiaries, any cases involving Nakheel or any of its subsidiaries as a party will now come under the jurisdiction of the Dubai Courts or the alternative competent dispute resolution forum.”
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Real Estate
- House postpones discussion of rent law in Jordan
- Damac launches sale of apartments in 'Bay's Edge' project in Burj area
- Dh24m Le Reve unit sale tops costliest Q1 apartments deals in Dubai
- Saudi SAMA considers regulating mortgage rates
- Damac to sell units in new tower in Burj area today; prices start from Dh720,000
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More