May 28 2012
|more articles from|
Bahrain Activist Khawaja To End 110-Day Hunger Strike - Lawyer
Monday, May 28, 2012
DUBAI (AFP)--Opposition activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, facing a life sentence on charges of seeking to overthrow Bahrain's Sunni rulers, will Monday end a hunger strike that lasted 110 days, his lawyer said.
The Shiite activist "will end his hunger strike this [Monday] evening," Mohammed al-Jishi said.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More