May 09 2012
|more articles from|
2-day weekend for private sector eyed
He said the ministry is considering the idea with the chambers of commerce, the Supreme Economic Council and a number of businessmen and traders.
The unidentified source said the study would be completed within six months and added that about 80 percent of the private companies and establishments have agreed to the proposal.
The source did not expect the private sector companies to incur any financial loss due to the two days off and said it could be granted in succession like the government on Thursdays and Fridays or given separately during the week according to the situation of each company.
Quoting informed sources, local daily Al-Watan said Monday that the ministry was restructuring to place qualified women at the top of a number of its offices. The ministry has 23 offices in 13 administrative regions.
© Arab News 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Legal
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More