Dubai, United Arab Emirates: With only a few days left for Eid Al Fitr celebrations in Dubai, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) revealed a variety of exciting events and promotions taking place across the city for residents and visitors to enjoy. From enchanting shows to opportunities to win extra air miles ahead of the summer break, there will be something for everyone this Eid in Dubai:
CITYWIDE ACTIVATIONS AND EVENTS
- Kicking off the first day of Eid in Dubai,residents and visitors can enjoy a stunning fireworks display at La Mer at 9pm or at Al Seef at 9:30pm.
- Running until 8 June, Sheibitna, the cherished grandfatherly figure from Arabian mythology, will entertain families at The Dubai Mall with a series of daily storytelling workshops.
- Guests can visit a whole new world this Eid Al Fitr, as they experience the magical tale of Aladdin at Ibn Battuta Mall. The free-to-attend stage shows will be running three times a day from 6 to 8 June at 5:30pm, 7:30pm and 8:30pm. Ibn Battuta Mall will also host daily themed activities at the India Court from 2pm to 10pm.
- Shoppers at Dubai Festival City Mall can enjoy a first-of-its-kind experience with Dubai’s record-breaking IMAGINE show taking place in front of a perfectly synchronised fireworks display. The free show, which guests can watch at Festival Bay, will occur twice a day on the first two days of Eid Al Fitr at 8pm and 10pm.
- Families and friends can stay entertained this Eid Al Fitr with a series of busker style entertainment acts roaming throughout different malls in Dubai, including Dubai Festival City Mall, Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira, City Centre Mirdif, Dragon Mart 2, Ibn Battuta Mall, The Beach, City Walk, Alseef and The Outlet Village.
- On 7 June, residents and visitors can take part in the annual Dubai Desert Road Run, which offers three different distances 3K, 5K or 10K at The Sevens Track.
- The hilarious Pappy Sheikh of Comedy will return to the stage this Eid Al Fitr with a series of African comedians. The not-to-be-missed show on 7 June will take place at the Sheraton Creek Hotel, Deira.
- As part of the summer period, the much-loved Ripe has returned to Dubai once again at Dubai Festival City Mall. Bargain-hunters can browse a variety of local designers and feast at food trucks and stalls from now until 4 August.
- On 7 June, the celebrated poet Sunay Akin will take audiences on an immersive journey through Turkish literature. The performance at GEMS World Academy will follow the works of Orhan Veli K Orhan Veli Kanik and Cemal Sureya.
- The king of comedy Russell Peters will return to Dubai this Eid to offer everyone an unforgettable evening of laughter. Taking place at the Coca Cola Arena on 6 June, tickets start from just AED 200.
CHANCES TO WIN
- Running until 8 June, The Dubai Mall will reward shoppers with 2,000 Skyward Miles when they spend AED 20,000 at selected stores.
- From 1 to 7 June, Mall of the Emirates will give shoppers the chance to win AED 5,000 worth of mall gift cards when they spend AED 600 at selected stores.
- For the first three days of Eid Al Fitr, customers who spend AED 300 at Al Seef, City Walk, The Beach, Blue Waters, Box Park, La Mer and The Outlet Village will automatically win an Eidiyas Meraas gift card worth AED 100.
- During Eid Al Fitr, the first 40 customers at City Centre Mirdif buying a gift card worth AED 1,000 will get AED 100 off.
- For the first two days of Eid Al Fitr, shoppers at any Dubai Shopping Malls Group mall will enter a raffle for a chance to win up to AED 250,000 when spending over AED 200.
PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS
- In preparation for the season of gifting, Dubai Festival City Mall will offer a brand-new Eid gift card packaging service created with beautiful Islamic art.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark will give thrill-seekers an exclusive summer offer this Eid Al Fitr. Entry for GCC residents over 1.1 meters tall is just AED 249 and under is AED 149 - this is inclusive of a tasty meal, redeemable at the Julshan’s Burger and Dogs inside the waterpark.
- Throughout Eid in Dubai, The Smash Room will offer families an exclusive deal of just AED 200 for two adults and two children. Spend the day bonding with the family and smash up to 40 glasses and two electronic items.
- From now until 6 June, shoppers can stock up on Eid Al Fitr gifts for family and friends at the Ramadan Big Bazaar. Returning for another year, the event at Dubai World Trade Centre offers not-to-be missed sales and promotions on everything ranging from clothes, to perfumes and even toys for the children.
- Residents and visitors looking for a night to remember can head to La Perle by Dragone to watch a jaw dropping show. Throughout Eid Al Fitr, tickets will be available for just AED 199 for silver, AED 249 for gold, AED 299 for Platinum and just AED 599 for VIP. Booking is recommended!
For full details all of this year’s Eid Al Fitr in Dubai events, visit www.eidindubai.ae or follow @EidinDubai for the latest information.
- Ends –
About Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism)
With the ultimate vision of positioning Dubai as the world’s leading tourism destination and commercial hub, Dubai Tourism’s mission is to increase the awareness of Dubai among global audiences and to attract tourists and inward investment into the emirate. Dubai Tourism is the principal authority for the planning, supervision, development and marketing of Dubai’s tourism sector. It markets and promotes the Emirate’s commerce sector and is responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services, including hotels, tour operators and travel agents. Brands and departments within the Dubai Tourism portfolio include Dubai Business Events, Dubai Calendar, and Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment.
About Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment
The Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, is responsible for developing Dubai’s retail and festival sectors and supporting the positioning of Dubai as a world-class tourism destination with year-round family entertainment, shopping and events.
For further information, please contact:
[+971] 600 55 5559
[+971] 4 201 7631
© Press Release 2019