Sri Lankan shares closed modestly higher on Tuesday, led by gains in industrial stocks.
* The CSE All-Share Index SE ended up 0.18% at 6,979.29.
* With a near 67% fall, Sampath Bank was the biggest drag on the index.
* Trading volume fell to 29.7 million from 41.9 million in the previous session.
* Foreign investors were net buyers, purchasing 314.1 million Sri Lankan rupees ($1.6 million) worth of shares, according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 972.9 million rupees, exchange data showed.
* The Sri Lankan rupee was quoted at 198.00 against the dollar as of 1205 GMT, according to Refinitiv data.
($1 = 198.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)
(Reporting by Sachin Ravikumar in Bengaluru; Editing by Amy Caren Daniel) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; +91 80 6182 2754; Twitter: @sachinr27;))