The list has been curated by Cityscape Intelligence, the region’s premier real estate market analysis portal, with the final 20 names selected on nominations by industry professionals and data collected by Cityscape Intelligence.
Chris Speller, Group Director of Cityscape, Informa Markets, said: “This first-ever Cityscape Intelligence Real Estate Power List puts the spotlight on influential industry figures who have either shaped the Middle East market these past 12 months, or shown exceptional resolve to rise above the formidable challenges of a disruptive year, in every sense. The response has been overwhelming and is a real testament to our industry’s positive attitude throughout a year of uncertainty.”
The UAE was the most represented market in the region with 13 industry titans on the inaugural list, including Mohamed Alabbar, Founder of Emaar; HE Falah Al Ahbabi, Chairman, Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT), Abu Dhabi; Talal Al Dhiyebi, Aldar Properties; and Khalid Al Malik CEO, of Dubai Properties.
Mohammed Ibrahim Al-Shaibani, Chairman of Nakheel; Emad Azmy, President and Vice Chairman, ASGC Group; Alain Bejjani, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim; and Hussain Sajwani, Founder and Chairman of DAMAC, were other prominent names from the UAE on the Power List.
Regional representation included Ahmed Yusuf Abdulla, CEO of Bahrain’s Seef Properties; Egypt’s Osama Bishai, CEO of Orascom Construction; and Waqas Al Adawi, Vice Chairman of S&T Group in Oman; along with Yousef Bin Abdullah Al Shelash, Chairman, Dar Al Arkan; and John Pagano, CEO, The Red Sea Development Company of Saudi Arabia.
Strong industry response for nominations led to Cityscape Intelligence creating a second independent list sponsored by HOUZA, the UAE's biggest agency-owned real estate website, to recognise the MENA region’s 10 most influential brokers and real estate consultants.
Entries for the 2021 Cityscape Intelligence Real Estate Power List, which will feature new categories, open in July. Visit www.cityscape-intelligence.com for further details or to sign up to the Cityscape Intelligence newsletter.
2020 Cityscape Intelligence Real Estate Power List*:
- Khaled Abbas, Deputy Minister of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Communities for National Projects, Egypt
- Ahmed Yusuf Abdulla, CEO, Seef Properties
- Mohamed Alabbar, Founder, Emaar
- Waqas Al Adawi, Vice Chairman, S&T Investment Holding
- Talal Al Dhiyebi, CEO, Aldar Properties
- HE Falah Al Ahbabi, Chairman, Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT), Abu Dhabi
- HE Reem Al Hashimy, UAE Minister of State for International Cooperation and Director General of Expo 2020 Dubai
- Khalid Al Malik CEO, Dubai Properties and Managing Director of Dubai Holding
- Nadhmi al-Nasr, CEO, NEOM
- HE Omar Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence
- Yousef Bin Abdullah Al Shelash, Chairman, Dar Al Arkan
- Mohammed Ibrahim Al-Shaibani, Chairman, Nakheel
- Emad Azmy, President and Vice Chairman, ASGC Group
- Dr Aisha Bint Butti Bin Bishr, Director General, the Smart Dubai
- HE Sultan Butti Bin Mejren, Director General, Dubai Land Department
- Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World & Virgin Hyperloop One
- Alain Bejjani, CEO, Majid Al Futtaim
- Osama Bishai, CEO, Orascom Construction
- John Pagano, CEO, The Red Sea Development Company
- Hussain Sajwani, Founder & Chairman, DAMAC
MENA’s Top 10* Influential Brokers and Real Estate Consultants, sponsored by HOUZA
- Lynette Abad, Director, Research & Data Property Finder
- Abdullah Alajaji, Founder, Driven Properties
- Ian Albert, CEO, MENA Colliers
- Carl & Lewis Allsopp, Co-Founders, Allsopp & Allsopp
- Ameen Al Qudsi, CEO, Nationwide Middle East Properties
- Hamza Betraoui, Managing Partner, Land Sterling
- Edd Brookes, Senior Director, Head of Middle East, Cushman & Wakefield
- Taimur Khan, Associate Partner - Strategic Consultancy & Research, Knight Frank
- Nick Maclean, Managing Director, CBRE
- Dana Salbak, Head of Research, MENA JLL
*This list is in no particular order and has been put together based on nominations and data collected by Cityscape Intelligence
Cityscape, owned by Informa Markets, first took place in 2002 in Dubai and has since grown to be beyond exhibitions, to become one of the largest real estate data and media portfolios globally.
The Cityscape portfolio equips industry professionals with up-to-date material, matchmaking and micro-analysis via in person conferences and exhibitions, data trend analysis, insightful webinars, podcasts and customised articles. With a focused content & data platform, Cityscape Intelligence, and with events taking place across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Turkey, the Cityscape brand is tapped into the real estate market across a spectrum of markets, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, and with expansions on the horizon in Europe and Asia.
For more information visit: www.cityscapeglobal.com
About Informa Markets:
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
© Press Release 2021