Students from 16 GEMS Education schools have recorded another successful year of GCSE results after a round of challenging examinations.
In 2019, GEMS schools hosted a record 2,800 students who sat over 17,700 IGSCE/GCSE examinations.
Across the GEMS network, 357 students achieved the highest ‘9’ grade with 46 per cent of students achieved at least an A* grade across all schools. Of all grades achieved across the GEMS schools, 20 per cent were at A* (9-8) and 67 per cent were A*-B (9-5).
GEMS Education schools have once again affirmed its ability to raise the bar and attain outstanding results, highlights included:
- Jumeirah College achieving an extraordinary 78 grade 9s and 95 per of grades at A*-B.
- GEMS Wellington International School with 89% of grades a A*-B.
- GEMS Wellington Silicon Oasis with 84% of grades at A*-B and 53 per cent of students achieving a grade 9.
- GEMS Wellington Academy with 82% of grades at A*-B.
- Wesgreen International School, Sharjah with 75% of grades at A*-B.
- GEMS Metropole with one in five students achieving a grade 9 and 64% of grades at A*-C.
- The Westminster School Dubai with 60% of grades at A*-B.
Sir Christopher Stone, Global Chief Education Officer of GEMS Education said: “I would like to congratulate all of our students upon their outstanding results in both their IGCSE and GCSE Results. These reflect, not only the hard work and determination of these young people but, also, the dedication of our staff and the wonderful support and encouragement they are given by their parents. We wish all our young people every continued success in their future endeavours.”
About GEMS Education
GEMS Education is one of the world’s oldest and largest K-12 private education providers. It is a highly-regarded choice for quality private education in the Middle East and North Africa region. As a company founded in the UAE in 1959, it holds an unparalleled track-record of providing diverse curricula and educational choices to all socio-economic means. GEMS Education now owns and operates 56 schools and educates over 130,000 students in the MENA region; and through its growing network of schools as well as charitable contributions is fulfilling the founder’s vision of putting a quality education within the reach of every child.
For further information about GEMS Education, visit:
http://www.gemseducation.com or contact:
Yasser Alvi | Georgina Scott
Tel: (+971) 4 4507 600
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2019