- 25th edition of DSF will be packed with the biggest calendar of events to date, full of experiences, concerts, brand activations, daily fireworks, raffles, new DSF markets and unforgettable moments for residents and visitors
- Dubai prepares to welcome the world in celebration of 25 years of DSF, running across the city from 26 December 2019 to 1 February 2020
Dubai: The countdown to one of the world’s largest shopping festivals has officially begun, and as the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) prepares to launch a landmark 25th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), the entire city is uniting together to create its most memorable edition yet. A diverse DSF Calendar of Events was revealed on 9 December at a launch press conference held at the iconic Dubai Frame, which sits at the crossroads of old and new Dubai and is an apt reflection of the history of Dubai Shopping Festival, how it has evolved and kept pace with the city’s rapid development under its visionary leadership.
The world-famous festival will open on Thursday, 26 December 2019 and run until Saturday, 1 February 2020, featuring 38 days packed with showstopping performances, immersive experiences, innovative brand activations and family-friendly celebrations.
With more than 1,000 brands participating across close to 4,000 outlets, shoppers and deal-hunters will find offers of up to 75 per cent off across the city, as well as the opportunity to engage and collaborate with tailor-made brand activations from global fashion, beauty, homeware and lifestyle retailers.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) said: “As Dubai has evolved in the last 25 years, so too has DSF, and as we unveil our milestone DSF 2020 it highlights and affirms the festival’s greatest edition yet. Every DSF we see Dubai at its best; the weather is wonderful, and our key partners and retailers across Dubai make an incredible effort to ensure that people from every culture, age and background come together in celebration of their love of shopping, entertainment and the opportunity to win great prizes. The festival has transformed the lives of thousands of people, who have won incredible prizes over the years. For this momentous 25th edition, we have taken this tradition of winning to a whole new level with unique mega rewards for shoppers. We feel very fortunate that many residents and repeat visitors to Dubai remember the launch of DSF in 1996; and that has always been our aim for this festival year after year, to create memorable moments with family and friends and further enhance Dubai’s reputation as a ‘must-visit’ destination.”
Dubai Shopping Festival will kick off its 25th edition in its own inimitable style, with a spectacular opening ceremony at Burj Park, Downtown Dubai. The star-studded event will feature a series of concerts by Emirati and international singers, cultural and family-oriented performances from 2pm to 11pm on 26 and 27 December. Additionally, a ‘lights on’ event will countdown to when the city’s lights are officially turned on with fireworks adding colour and sparkle to Dubai’s famous skyline.
EVENTS & EXPERIENCES
- Headline Concerts: Global superstars from around the world will descend upon Dubai throughout DSF to appeal to every taste and musical preference. The Coca-Cola Arena in City Walk will host Pakistani sensation Rahat Ali Khan on 27 December, while British pop star Ellie Goulding will take to the Arena’s stage on 10 January. At the outdoor Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, Egyptian superstar Amr Diab will perform his chart-topping hits including Nour El Ain and Ana 3ayesh on 24 January, in what is anticipated to be another sell out gig. More headliners will be announced in the coming days.
- An Evening with Rio Ferdinand: Manchester United and England football legend, Rio Ferdinand will present a live, unscripted interview at W Dubai – The Palm on 8 January where football fans can expect to hear personal stories and behind the scenes anecdotes of his illustrious career.
- Dubai’s first Hologram Concert: The first ever hologram concert in the city will debut this DSF, featuring a hologram of Umm Kulthum accompanied by a live orchestra of 20 musicians on stage, as well as the special performance of Sana’a Nabil, the granddaughter of Umm Kulthum. Taking place on 26 and 27 December at the Dubai Opera Grand Theatre, this is a performance simply not to be missed.
- Yalla DSF (presented by Club Group):A unique feature this year, Yalla DSF is an interactive and innovative mobile game to engage with visitors and residents, available in English, Arabic, Mandarin and Russian. In collaboration with Apparel Group as the exclusive retail partner, the game will give players a chance to win exclusive prizes that are instantly redeemable. Saved to phone home screens rather than a downloadable app, the game will direct players to move around Dubai to activate further levels and win bigger prizes including an entry to a grand raffle.
- City Lights Installations: Art and technology will come together to create astounding interactive light installations at Burj Plaza from 7 January 2020 to 1 February 2020. Music, mirrors and colourful lights will combine to deliver the most ‘instagrammable’ moments in a unique festival vibe.
- World-Class Performers: The festive atmosphere will be experienced at every turn with roaming entertainment available around every corner of the city. International theatrical shows, musicians and artists will come together to offer exciting moments for family and friends across multiple locations throughout DSF.
- Daily Fireworks: A beloved DSF tradition, there is something in the air throughout the festival as world-class fireworks displays will splash the skies with colour and light every night at The Beach, Al Seef, La Mer, Dubai Festival City, Dubai Creek, The Pointe and The Dubai Frame.
- DSF Dine-In Specials: In celebration of the 25thedition, and powered by the online food app Zomato, DSF will include more than 1,000 restaurants providing discounts starting from 25 per cent for in-dining experiences to be used when signing up with the Zomato Gold membership programme, which will also provide a 25 per cent reduction in membership fees.
SHOPPING & PROMOTIONS
Shoppers across Dubai’s malls will enjoy offers of between 25 per cent and 75 per cent off international fashion, beauty, home and lifestyle brands.
- 12 Hour Sale: In a welcome tradition, DSF will kick off in style with an exclusive 12 Hour Sale at Majid Al Futtaim Malls, giving customers up to 90 per cent off at Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Me‘aisem, My City Centre Barsha and City Centre Al Shindagha. Running from midday to midnight on 26 December, this year will see 25 winners take home AED 10,000 vouchers to be spent at MAF malls.
- DSF Surprises: From 2 to 26 January 2020, shopaholics are encouraged to keep DSF on their radar to discover daily surprise deals over 25 days. Deals are announced 24 hours in advance for one brand at one location.
- DSF Outdoor Markets: New to DSF this edition and created in tribute to the festival’s inaugural year, a series of pop-up markets will appear across the city in Last Exit, Al Khawaneej, Al Rigga Street and City Walk 2, combining the heritage of Dubai with innovative retail experiences and entertainment for all.
- Souk Heritage: Inspired by the bustling souks of the UAE, the Souk Heritage concept will become the cultural hub of DSF, with a traditional style market alongside 1.8km of the Dubai Creek in Al Seef allowing visitors to experience different cultures, enjoy shopping, dining, art and entertainment from around the world.
- Market Outside the Box (MOTB): MOTB reinvents itself as the ultimate hangout this 25th edition of DSF. Running from 16 January 2020 to 1 February 2020, MOTB is a live showcase of the hottest up-and-coming local, regional and international musicians and bands, as well as fashion and food vendors. Additionally, an enclosed experiential Game Zone taking up to 24 gamers, and a dedicated Kids Zone will make hearts race with adrenaline and keep visitors coming back for more.
RAFFLES & PRIZES
- DSF 25 SHARE Millionaires:In collaboration with strategic partner Majid Al Futtaim Malls, DSF presents an exciting promotion with their new SAHRE app giving consumers 25 Million reasons to shop. Shop at Majid Al Futtaim Malls for a chance to enter into the draw to become one of the 25 DSF SHARE Millionaires where each winner receives 1,000,000 SHARE points.
- DSF Skywards Millionaire: In collaboration with strategic partner The Dubai Mall, DSF has introduced a new promotion with the Emirates Airlines Skywards programme. On a certain spend at any of The Dubai Mall stores, shoppers will have the chance to enter into a draw to become one of 5 DSF Millionaires in Skywards Miles, with each winner receiving 1,000,000 Skywards Miles.
- DSF 25 Home Makeovers:In collaboration with Home Center, one of Dubai’s leading home furnishing brands, DSF has created a promotion where shoppers have the chance to enter the draw to become one of 25 winners of a stylish home makeover.
- DSF x 1000: Shoppers spending AED 100 at any participating outlet in Meraas’ destinations: City Walk, La Mer, Al Seef, The Beach, Box Park, Bluewaters and The Outlet Village will receive a raffle coupon to be in with a chance of being selected as one of 25 daily winners of an AED 1,000 gift card. One thousand winners are waiting to be selected, with AED 1 million worth of prizes to be awarded.
- INFINITIMega Raffle: This year, the INFINITI Mega raffle is offering DSF visitors the chance to drive away in an INFINITI QX50 car plus AED 200,000 in cash every single day of DSF. To enter, simply buy a raffle ticket for AED 200 for the chance to win the daily prize. In addition, one lucky DSF shopper will go home with a grand prize of AED 1 million in cash at the end of DSF. Tickets can be purchased from Enoc and Epco petrol stations, Dubai Metro stations and Global Village.
- Nissan Grand Raffle: The Nissan Grand raffle will offer DSF shoppers the chance to win one of five Nissan models – Nissan Patrol 2020, Nissan Pathfinder 2019, Nissan X-TRAIL 2020, Nissan Kicks 2020 and Nissan Sentra 2020 – simply by purchasing items worth a minimum of AED 25 from any EPCO or ENOC station. In total, 33 cars will be given away during DSF.
- Emirates Airline: Anyone who purchases an Emirates economy class ticket to Dubai from now until 1 February 2020 with a return journey between 26 December 2019 and 5 February 2020 will enjoy an extra 10-kilogram baggage allowance for all their DSF shopping purchases on the return trip home. This offer is limited to certain countries, for more information please visit www.mydsf.ae.
The 25th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival is supported by strategic partners including: Emirates Airline, Emaar Malls, Majid Al Futtaim Properties, Meraas, Nakheel, Mercato, Al Futtaim, AW Rostamani Group, Dubai Duty-Free, Enoc and Etisalat with key partners including RAK Bank and Jumbo Electronics.
For more information, please visit www.mydsf.ae or @DSFSocial and #MyDSF for the latest news, information and events.
– Ends -
About Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism)
With the ultimate vision of positioning Dubai as the world’s leading tourism destination and commercial hub, Dubai Tourism’s mission is to increase the awareness of Dubai among global audiences and to attract tourists and inward investment into the emirate. Dubai Tourism is the principal authority for the planning, supervision, development and marketing of Dubai’s tourism sector. It markets and promotes the Emirate’s commerce sector, and is responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services, including hotels, tour operators and travel agents. Brands and departments within the Dubai Tourism portfolio include Dubai Business Events, Dubai Calendar, and Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment.
For further information, please contact:
[+971] 600 55 5559
[+971] 4 201 7631
© Press Release 2019