Abu Dhabi, UAE -Agthia Group PJSC, a leading regional food and beverages company, today announced its H1 2021 financial results for the period ending 30th June 2021. The Group recorded a net profit of AED 67.9 million and total revenues of AED 1.32 billion, representing 61% and 21% year-on-year growth, respectively, compared to the same period in 2020.
The Group remains well positioned to harness regional growth opportunities with the recent consolidations of Al Foah, Al Faysal Bakery & Sweets and Nabil Foods under the Consumer Business Division (CBD). With the addition of the 3 acquisitions, net revenue contribution by CBD increased by 20% y-o-y to 65% with the agri-business division contributing the remaining 35% of the Group’s revenue.
Alan Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Agthia Group, said: “Agthia’s H1 performance has been driven by acquisition synergies, acceleration of transformation and additional cost optimization. We anticipate the momentum of this performance to continue over the coming months. The ability of our team to respond effectively to changing consumer behaviour and market dynamics, whilst focusing on effectively integrating our new businesses has been the cornerstone of this growth trajectory.”
The Group’s consumer business division recorded AED 855 million in revenues. Q2 2021 also saw the water & beverage category return to growth vs the same period last year, driving H1 2021 revenue to AED 390 Million, inspite of ongoing category pressure and discontinuation of the Capri Sun business last year. The Group’s bottled water portfolio – Al Ain Water, Al Bayan, Voss and Alpin - sustained their market leadership in the UAE in both volume and value share at 27% and 25%, respectively.
The net revenue of the food segment, which includes tomato paste & frozen vegetables, bakery, dairy and trading items, increased by 12% on the inclusion of Al Faysal Bakery & Sweets post consolidation towards the end of January 2021. Furthermore, Al Foah and Nabil Food together contributed AED 272.7 million to the top-line in the first half, despite the impact of seasonality and headwinds created by an oversupply of dates in KSA and the inclusion of Nabil Foods for only 3 months post consolidation in April 2021.
Within Agthia’s agri-business, revenues reached AED 463.5 million, lagging sales for the same period in 2020 which included a one-time World Food Program order.
The Group’s total assets as of 30th June 2021 stood at AED 4.6 billion, up 46% versus year-end 2020 post consolidating the assets of Al Foah, Al Faysal Bakery and Nabil Foods during the period. Group shareholders’ equity stood at AED 2.7 billion for the same period, post issuing additional 191.6 million shares to complete Al Foah and Nabil Foods acquisitions.
In line with the semi-annual dividend distribution policy announced at the beginning of the year, Agthia Board of Directors has recommended a 8.25 fils dividends per share for the first half of 2021, subject to shareholders and regulatory approvals.
Agthia Group was also included in the Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) Emerging Markets Small Cap Index effective as of close of 27th May 2021, after fulfilling all the listing conditions, which comprises of market capital, liquidity rates, and foreign inclusion factors, among others.
Agthia Group is a leading Abu Dhabi based food and beverage company. Established in 2004, the Company is listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) and has the symbol “AGTHIA”. Through Senaat, Agthia Group PJSC is part of ADQ, one of the region’s largest holding companies with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy.
The Company’s assets are located in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Egypt, Turkey and Jordan. Agthia offers a world class portfolio of integrated businesses providing high quality and trusted food and beverage products for consumers across the UAE, GCC, Turkey and the wider Middle East. More than 5,900 employees are engaged in the manufacturing, distribution and marketing various products such as: Water (Al Ain, Al Bayan, Alpin Natural Spring Water, Ice Crystal, VOSS); Snacking (Al Foah, Yoplait, Al Faysal Bakery & Sweets); Grocery (Al Ain Tomato Paste, Al Ain Frozen Vegetables, Al Ain Trading items); Processed Protein (Nabil Foods); Flour (Grand Mills) and Feed (Agrivita)
For more information, please visit www.agthia.com or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2021