Running from Friday, 29th June until Saturday, 18th August, UAE residents and visitors will have the chance to win a whole host of exciting prizes and deals as they ‘unbox the amazing’ at participating malls, where they can also enjoy discounts at participating retailers of up to 80%. One of two unique ‘shop & win’ promotions across the emirate, the ‘Unbox the Amazing’ campaign will run side-by-side with a raffle draw for four Nissan Patrol cars, provided by Al Futtaim Motors. Shoppers will be able to participate in these exciting promotions at 20 malls in Abu Dhabi, including Marina Mall, Khalidyah Mall, Deerfields, Dalma Mall, Bawabat Al Sharq, Al Wahda Mall, Hili Mall, WTC Mall, Yas Mall, Al Raha Mall, City Mall, Al Ain Mall, Mushrif Mall, Mazyad Mall, Madinat Zayed, Bawadi Mall, Barari Mall, Ruwais Mall, Al Foah Mall, and Jimi Mall. There will also be a variety of entertainment activations for customers to enjoy, including musical and performing acts.
HE Sultan Al Mutawa Al Dhaheri, Executive Director of the Tourism Sector at DCT Abu Dhabi, said: “We are extremely excited to launch ‘Unbox the Amazing’ in cooperation with the Department of Economic Development of Abu Dhabi. Through this campaign, we aim to attract both domestic and overseas families looking for unmissable experiences and offers to Abu Dhabi and position the capital as the family destination for entertainment and shopping for the summer.”
‘Unbox the Amazing’ was created especially for ADSS 2018, where for every AED250 spent shoppers will get the chance to register digitally for a chance to win instant prizes, including vouchers for luxury dining at Abu Dhabi’s high-end hotel restaurants, and also gain entry into the grand raffle with the chance of winning a car. Once they have entered online, they can redeem their prize, or try again. Each AED250 spent at a participating mall during ADSS equates to another entry into the competition! In addition, shoppers spending a minimum of AED250 will have the chance to try their luck to win instant prizes through an in-mall game show.
As part of the many amazing opportunities and prizes that the shoppers can ‘unbox’, shoppers who spend minimum of AED1,000 will get the opportunity to visit the ‘Unbox the Amazing’ stage and try the spin-the-wheel game that will be on show. This ‘game show’ initiative will travel to each of eight participating malls during weekends from 10am to 10pm and allow winners the chance to ‘unbox’ amazing ADSS discounts for items such as ‘staycation’ packages, attraction deals, F&B, fashion and beauty products, gold, and electronics via a wall of boxes.
These eight participating malls include Marina Mall (29th, 30th June), Khalidyah Mall (6th, 7th July), Deerfields (13th, 14th July), Dalma Mall (20th & 21st July), Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (27th, 28th July), Al Wahda Mall (3rd, 4th Aug), Hili Mall (10th, 11th Aug), and WTC Mall (17th, 18th Aug).
Mohamed Ali al Marar, Director of Commercial Licensing Department in the Department of Economic Development, said: “We are pleased to cooperate with the Department of Culture and Tourism to launch a special retail campaign during Abu Dhabi Summer Season that aims to contribute to enriching the shopper’s experience in malls and boost the retail sector.”
Provided by Al Masaood Automobiles, the cars available to win are three Nissan Patrol SE V6 (for the first three weeks of the draw) and a Nissan Patrol Titanium (for the last week’s grand draw) with the raffle drop boxes located at the information desks at each of the participating malls. The car raffle draws will take place at Khalidyah Mall on 7th July at 6pm, at Dalma Mall on 21st July at 6pm, at Al Wahda Mall on 4th August at 6pm and at WTC Mall on 18th August at 6pm.
Mr. Irfan Tansel,CEO of Al Masaood Automobiles said, “Taking part in Abu Dhabi Summer Season’s campaign is definitely a great opportunity for brand like Nissan. Al Masaood Automobiles are very happy to be supporting DCT and present four Nissan Patrol cars for lucky winners. Good luck everyone and happy ADSS!”
If this shopping bonanza wasn’t enough, ADSS will also offer a series of sought-after experiences and fantastic promotional deals for all – making Abu Dhabi the place to be this summer:
- Unmatched hotel promotions for the duration of the festival, with spa, F&B, rooms and kids offers throughout the summer season. More than 50 of the emirate’s most luxurious hotels will be offering a total of 67 deals, with discounts ranging from 15% to 50%.
- Fantastic deals for foodies, with unbeatable savings at their favourite restaurants – dine-in and online – via the ADSS Zomato Experience. This will involve four F&B summer offers at more than 200 participating restaurants: The Abu Dhabi Summer Season Family Package will offer Zomato Gold Memberships at a 25% discount for members to enjoy mouthwatering meals at more than 200 restaurants, while the Abu Dhabi Summer Season Traveller Package is a special fifteen-day subscription valid from the date of purchase for overseas tourists visiting Abu Dhabi during ADSS. Restaurants across the city will also be serving up a Zomato-branded AED15 kids menu including a meal and dessert for kids from the age of 13 and below specially curated for ADSS when visiting any of the participating dining outlets and free food items on specific days. Lastly, ADSS Culinary Weeks will feature a series of themed ‘culinary weeks’, where a different culinary region will be highlighted each week by Zomato for customers to take advantage of a 25% discount at 25 restaurants when dining out. These will include including Simply Italian, Deliciosa Mexican, Masaledaar Indian, Scrumptious Chinese, Cheeeesy Burgers, Tangy Thai, Perfect Pizza and Exotic Lebanese
- Entertainment promotions on Yas Island, with families able to avail the Family Summer Season Offer for a stay at a Yas Island hotel coupled with complimentary breakfast and entry to the theme park of their choice. The offer, which covers two adults and one child, also includes access to Yas Beach. The soon-to-open Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is also joining in the ADSS fun, with a Family & Friends offer. The eagerly anticipated theme park, which opens on Wednesday, 25th July, is offering free entry for the one family member if a four-person Family & Friends ticket is purchased so that families only pay for three tickets for four people to enjoy all the rides and attractions in the park!
- Awesome events to entertain family members of all ages, bringing the most popular and favourite characters from renowned shows, namely: Nickelodeon Experience (August 6-15) presented by MBC Group, Pinkfong and Baby Shark (June 28-30) at Dalma Mall by Xceed Events, Unite with Tomorrowland (July 28) at du Forum by Envie Events, ALLDAYLIVE (26-28) at Emirates Palace, and SPARKLES OF INDIA (August 16-18) at du Forum by Yak Events.
- To make things even more fun for ADSS fans, DCT Abu Dhabi is joining forces with Rayna Tours to launch the first-ever ‘Abu Dhabi Summer Season Pass’ powered by Rayna Tours, the official Abu Dhabi Summer experience pass. This pre-paid pass will allow pass holders to unlock great deals, with special promotions at 16 attractions and city tours. Visitors can choose between various packages and make savings on their purchases of up to 50% across Abu Dhabi and the Al Ain region. Valid until Saturday, 18th August, the pass consists of six tiered packages with prices ranging between AED 230 to 1,100, and savings from 25% to 50%.
For more details on the upcoming events, special summer offers, raffle draws and more, please visit abudhabisummerseason.ae or join in the fun on social media via ADSS 2018’s new social media accounts: @ADSummerSeason on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi:
The Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi conserves and promotes the heritage and culture of Abu Dhabi emirate and leverages them in the development of a world-class, sustainable destination of distinction that enriches the lives of visitors and residents alike. The Department manages the emirate’s tourism sector and markets the destination internationally through a wide range of activities aimed at attracting visitors and investment. Its policies, plans and programmes relate to the preservation of heritage and culture, including protecting archaeological and historical sites and to developing museums, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Zayed National Museum and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi. The Department of Culture and Tourism supports intellectual and artistic activities and cultural events to nurture a rich cultural environment and honour the emirate’s heritage. A key role played by the Department is to create synergy in the destination’s development through close co-ordination with its wide-ranging stakeholder base. http://tcaabudhabi.ae/en
+971 55 106 0952
© Press Release 2018