* EUR/GBP rises to 0.8579 as global equity losses weigh on risk-sensitive GBP
* European shares slide 2% as Evergrande's troubles cast shadow
* Euro is on a higher rung of the safe-haven ladder than the pound
* 0.8579 is the highest level since Sept 9 (0.8587 was the high that day)
* Offers may emerge around 0.86 if EUR/GBP extends north (0.8614 = Sept 7 top)
* 0.8552 (Friday's high) is now a support point.
0.8547 = GBP/EUR 1.17
(Robert Howard is a Reuters market analyst. The views expressed are his own) ((email@example.com))