Amman, Jordan" – The Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund (SJIF) held its second General Assembly meeting on April 23, which was attended by the company’s shareholders, the Board of Directors, representatives from the Companies Control Department, and the external auditors, Ernst & Young.

During the meeting, SJIF showcased its progress since its inception in 2017, the latest developments in the projects and opportunities it is currently pursuing, and the advancement it has made in formulating its investment strategy and internal operations

Speaking on this occasion, the Chairman of SJIF, Hisham Attar, stated that “the projects and investment opportunities that have been carefully studied to date reflect the company’s commitment to developing viable economic projects with sustainable impact on Jordan, which is in line with the strategy of the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, and in accordance with the Jordan Investment Fund Law number 16 for 2016.”

In 2018, SJIF has identified and carefully assessed a number of high-potential investment opportunities, which resulted in achieving SJIF’s first major milestone: signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA)  in February 2019 for the development and operation of a JOD 500 million Aqaba-Ma’an railway and Ma’an dry port project under a Public-Private Partnership model, forming the first phase of Jordan’s national railway network and significantly upgrading Jordan’s logistics infrastructure.

Attar added that SJIF is preparing to announce several projects in the coming months, focused on healthcare, information technology, and the tourism sectors. Furthermore, SJIF is looking forward to investing in other major infrastructure projects that are in line with both its own strategy and with the government’s investment priorities, and to further fostering partnerships between the public and private sectors that will contribute to accelerating economic activity in Jordan and to creating new employment opportunities.

The General Assembly meeting further discussed and approved the Board of Directors' report and the audited annual financial statements for 2018.

The Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund is a Jordanian Limited Public Shareholding Company formed in 2017 as a partnership between the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, which owns 90% of the company, and 16 conventional and Islamic Jordanian banks, which own the remaining 10%. The company was registered in accordance with Jordan Investment Fund Law number 16 for 2016, and its formation was the outcome of the Jordanian Saudi Cooperation Council and the MOU signed between the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia and the Jordan Investment Fund on August 25, 2016.


© Press Release 2019

Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.

The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.