Despite the inherent emphasis of Shariah on social and ethical aspects, Islamic finance has generally followed and imitated the social finance movement in the conventional sector, which has become popular in past decade since the 2008 financial crisis. This movement believes that the financial system can play a pivotal role in serving society's needs and ameliorating poverty. However, this role is already closely incorporated with the principles of the Islamic legal system. It is clear that Islamic finance should champion social finance as a key aspect of its mission, instead of merely being a follower of global trends.
- The Fundamental Concepts of Islamic Social Finance;
- Shariah Rulings on Islamic Social Finance;
- Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Islamic Social Finance;
- Latest Innovations in Islamic Social Finance Product development;
- Case Studies on Islamic Social Finance; and
- The Way Forward.