This is true for all aspects of Islamic law in general, and for Islamic finance law in particular. Despite being one of the fastest growing segments of the global financial services industry, with assets in excess of $1.8 trillion, the legal ecosystem around the industry remains underdeveloped. There are no resources for the industry to learn from the activities and innovations that are happening in different parts of the world. And there is little link between the research and activities of academics and practitioners. As such, this report aims to become a source of current knowledge for practitioners, academics and policy makers in relation to Islamic finance law.
- Trends in Shariah Governance;
- Shariah Standards;
- Shariah Trends in recent Fatawa;
- Latest innovations in Islamic finance;
- Case studies on Islamic Law’s interpretation; and
- Innovation in Islamic Legal Thought.