Mar 29 2013
|more articles from|
Saudi Arabia outsources visa processing in UAE
Saudi Arabia's foreign ministry has signed a deal with VFS Tasheel under which businessmen can apply for Saudi visas at the company's offices in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
Speaking to Emirates 24l7, VFS Tasheel Chief Operations Officer Mahesh Anchan said visa processing will start from Sunday March 31 in Dubai and Sharjah.
The Sharjah office can process 300 applications daily while Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices can handle 450-500 applications a day. Dubai and Sharjah offices are spread over 14,000 sq ft and 12,000 sq ft respectively. Abu Dhabi office will be operational in the first week of June, Anchan said.
Commenting on the timeframe for biometric processing, Anchan said the deal with Saudi foreign ministry includes biometric of the applicants but he declined to disclose the time frame. Biometric registration of visa applicants at VFS Tasheel Centres will help reduce waiting time at the Saudi border especially at the peak of Hajj and Umrah seasons.
Saudi Arabia's Ambassador to UAE Osama bin Ahmad Al Sanousi Ahmed opened the visa service centres.
© Emirates 24|7 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Legal
- Failing to get municipality approval no reason for property project delays: Dubai Court
- 32,000 illegals held in Eastern Province
- Dubai Customs intercepts 52 fake passports in postal parcels in Dubai Cargo Village
- Ex-officials of Oman’s Gulfar get 15 years and hefty fines
- SCC approves draft law on government budget for 2014