Doha, Qatar: Lusail University has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Huawei, a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices, to enhance digital skills in support of the Qatar National Vision 2030. Under the agreement, a Huawei ICT Academy will be established at the university to further develop Qatar’s blossoming technology ecosystem, and that of the wider region.
The memorandum was signed by Professor Nitham Hindi, Lusail University Provost and Zhao Liang, CEO of Huawei Gulf North in the presence of other representatives from both parties
To date, Huawei ICT Academies have been deployed throughout the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and the Southern Pacific.
The new Huawei ICT Academy is one of the various long-term partnerships between Huawei and Qatar institutions to nurture advanced digital skills amongst the country’s youth. Through such knowledge-exchange collaborations, the company aims to train 10,000 students in Qatar over the next three years.
Lusail University provost, Dr. Nitham Hindi, said “We are delighted to sign this agreement with one of the leading companies in technology - Huawei. We are looking for a long-term mutually beneficial agreement that will allow Lusail University to provide high quality education to graduate professionals who are needed in the marketplace and who are competent in their fields. With the assistance of our strategic partners, Lusail University is determined to become a pioneer in providing high quality education based on leadership and innovation.
Zhao Liang, CEO of Huawei Gulf North, noted: "Qatar continues to make major strides in attracting investments and nurturing a diversified, technologically-advanced economy. By collaborating with local partners like Lusail University, bolstering local talent development, and committing support to megaprojects, Huawei aims to contribute to the digitization efforts outlined in the Qatar National Vision 2030."
New technologies are already revolutionizing traditional industry sectors in Qatar and beyond. According to Gartner forecasts, IT spending in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is projected to total $171 billion in 2021, an increase of 4.5% from 2020.
Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. We have more than 197,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions, serving more than three billion people around the world.
Our vision and mission is to bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. To this end, we will drive ubiquitous connectivity and promote equal access to networks; bring cloud and artificial intelligence to all four corners of the earth to provide superior computing power where you need it, when you need it; build digital platforms to help all industries and organizations become more agile, efficient, and dynamic; redefine user experience with AI, making it more personalized for people in all aspects of their life, whether they're at home, in the office, or on the go.
For more information, please visit Huawei online at www.huawei.com or follow us on:
About Lusail University
Lusail University was established in 2020 and is the first national privately owned university in the State of Qatar. Located in the vibrant and emerging metropolitan city, Lusail City, the university currently offers eight undergraduate degree programs. Future plans include offering additional undergraduate degree programs as well as innovative and in-demand graduate and doctoral degree programs that are designed to prepare a skilled workforce needed in the local, regional and international labor markets.
Lusail university vision Vision is “To become a pioneer in providing quality higher education based on leadership and innovation as well as occupy a distinguished international position in research and community service”. Our values include:
- Quality: The constant endeavor to enhance the educational process, intellectual contributions and community service according to the highest standards of quality and excellence.
- Integrity and transparency: The University is committed to ethical principles, and to work with integrity and transparency in order to achieve justice and enhance trust and credibility.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation: The University is keen to develop the spirit of leadership, distinction and creativity in teaching, learning, research, management, and community service, and it adopts and motivates the stakeholders to develop purposeful initiatives.
- Respect for values, heritage and cultural diversity: The University respects the established values and rich national heritage of the State of Qatar and seeks to actively participate in its sustainability, as it respects cultural diversity and freedom of opinion and thought.
- Continuous learning: The University is committed to supporting continuous learning within and outside its community by providing training and professional development programs based on the latest technologies and the highest academic standards.
- Community participation: Active participation in solving community issues and strengthening partnerships with the industrial sector and academic and research institutions at local, regional and international levels.
For More information visit our website: www.lu.edu.qa
© Press Release 2021