- Mentorship sessions to be offered to all winners including semi-finalists
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is officially launching its annual Ericsson Innovation Awards (EIA) 2021, a global competition with a grand prize of €25,000 that offers university students around the world the chance to develop new, innovative ideas with support from Ericsson experts.
The theme in 2021 is “Bridge the Digital Divide”. The digital revolution has transformed the world, enriching our lives in countless ways yet half the planet lives without access to the tools, information, and resources that many of us rely on every day. As the world becomes increasingly reliant on technology, the digital divide is growing. Economic, geographic, gender and access factors have left vast portions of the global population at a severe disadvantage.
Innovations come in all sizes, from simple changes in code that could redefine the networks of the future to complex technological advances that will advance humanitarian efforts across the world. We believe that young people drive innovation and development when it comes to current pressing issues. That’s why, with innovation at the heart of Ericsson, we want to invite young talents to register for Ericsson Innovation Awards 2021.
Ericsson Innovation Awards is open to students currently enrolled in University studies. Students from around the world are invited to enter the competition and are encouraged to form diverse teams of two to four members. Teams must register and submit their ideas by August 5th at 11 AM GMT and the first 50 submissions will receive extra guidance for refining their ideas!
Prizes and incentives
Each of the seven regional winners will receive:
- €1,000 cash prize
- In some cases, additional special recognition and prizes offered within your respective regions.
- All 14 Semi-finalists – including the seven regional winners - will receive:
- Seven weeks of mentorship from Ericsson experts in innovation and business
- Recognition on Ericsson social and digital media
- The possibility of Ericsson recruiter interviews (if any suitable positions are available at the time)
- Certificate of achievement
All three finalist teams will receive:
- Cash prizes, as outlined below (with the Swedish taxes paid by Ericsson)
- Grand Prize Winner: €25,000
- 2nd Place: €15,000
- 3rd Place: €5,000
- Bonus: Social Media Prize: €2,000
- An invitation to the Ericsson Innovation Awards Grand Final
- An additional four weeks of mentorship
- Recognition across Ericsson social media and digital channels
All three Finalists will have their entries uploaded onto the Instagram page of @ericssoncareers, and for the 24 hours before the Grand Final, anyone can vote on this page. The team who receives the most votes will win an additional €2,000.
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency and find new revenue streams. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world. The Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on Nasdaq New York. www.ericsson.com
© Press Release 2021