Kuwait: Mezzan Holding KSC, one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of food, healthcare, and consumer products in the Gulf, today announced it signed an exclusive 3-year distribution agreement with Capri Sun, the popular German juice brand known for its iconic stand-up pouches.
Under the agreement Unitra Mets Group, a subsidiary of Mezzan Holding, will handle the marketing, sales, warehousing and distribution of the Capri Sun portfolio across retail channels in the UAE through the company’s widespread distribution network. The brand’s product range includes the Original Standard Pouches (available in Strawberry, Orange, Mango and Mixed Fruit flavours) and the Fruit Crush with no added sugar (available in Orange, Mango and Mixed Fruit flavours).
Mezzan Holding Vice Chairman Mohammad Jassim Mohammad Al Wazzan said: “Capri Sun is the perfect addition to Mezzan’s beverage portfolio. Using our extensive relationships with private and cooperative supermarkets, hypermarkets and top retailers in the UAE we are well-positioned to incorporate the brand into our sales and distribution network and look forward to seeing the product in every household.”
Capri Sun is a German juice brand owned by Capri Sun Group Holding in Switzerland. Recognisable by its iconic silver stand-up pouch, Capri Sun products are made with real fruit juice and water and are free of artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
About Mezzan Holding:
- Operates in seven countries through 30 subsidiaries with more than 8,500 employees
- Distributes over 34,000 Stock Keeping Units (SKU), making it one of the largest operators in terms of SKUs, unit sales, market share, and in terms of share of revenues of total consumer spending in consumer categories served by the company
- Active in various segments of the consumer staple industry supported by long-standing relationships with Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Reckitt Benckiser, General Mills, Arla Foods, Sara Lee, and many other leading brands and manufacturers
- Serves over 130,000 meals a day in Kuwait and Qatar through its catering business
- Has a total of 190,000 square meters in food, beverage, and FMCG manufacturing facilities in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, and Afghanistan
- Leverages long-standing relationships with private and cooperative supermarkets
- Vertically integrated into complementary business operations, including packaging, catering, contract services, and logistics
- Food services customers include multinational fast-food chains, airline catering services, and large food services companies
Mezzan Holding is a 75-year old company that was listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange in the second quarter of 2015. The company is headquartered in Kuwait with direct operational activities in Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan, and Afghanistan.
For media inquiries, please contact:
© Press Release 2020