London: The GSMA today announced speakers for its GSMA Mobile 360 Series – MENA (Middle East and North Africa) conference taking place on the 26-27 November 2019 in Dubai. The two-day event will take place at the Ritz-Carlton Dubai JBR. The event brings together public and private sector leaders to discuss and debate how mobile technology is transforming the landscape and creating a better future for citizens and businesses alike. Through a mix of keynote presentations, panel discussions and workshops, delegates will have an opportunity to gain a greater depth of knowledge on the progress of transformative technologies such as 5G, IoT and Artificial Intelligence across the region.
“The MENA region is incredibly diverse with some markets pushing for global leadership in 5G and others still developing,” said Jawad Abbassi, Head of MENA GSMA. “This year’s event will highlight not only the impact of the disruptive and transformative technologies but also the requirement for success in emerging markets. We have an incredible line-up of expert speakers and look forward to welcoming delegates to join us in what will be a fantastic show.”
“The telecom industry has evolved with 5G and digital transformation taking precedence across our businesses and government initiatives,” said Dr. Ahmed Bin Ali senior vice president corporate commuications at Etisalat. “Such an important global event sheds light on the opportunities and challenges facing the industry and provides a unique platform for senior executives across the industry to engage and gain insight into industry trends and new technologies. This is also in line with our strategy to actively participate and drive digital initiatives that will make a larger impact on society.”
At Mobile 360 – MENA, over 450 CEOs and senior executives from leading companies from across the region will address the most pressing trends and issues in mobile. H.E. Omar bin Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, United Arab Emirates will be joined by speakers including GSMA’s Mats Granryd, Director General and John Guisti, Chief Regulatory Officer as well as:
- E. Omar Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, Government of UAE
- Hatem Dowidar, CEO International, Etisalat
- Nasser Sulaiman Al Nasser, CEO, STC
- Marwan Hayek, CEO and Chairman, Alfa Lebanon
- Imad Kreideye, Chairman and Director General, OGERO Telecom
- Osman Sultan, CEO, Du
- Adel Hamed, Managing Director and CEO, Telecom Egypt
- Khalifa al Shamsi, Chief Strategy & Governance Officer, Etisalat
- Firas Oggar, Group General Counsel, Zain Group
- Scott Gegenheimer, CEO Operations, Zain Group
- Dr Boutheina Guermazi, Director of Digital Development Department, Infrastructure Practice Group, World Bank
- Dr Kamal Shehadi, CRO, Etisalat International
- Isabelle Mauro, Head of Digital Communications Industry, World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Hala, El Gohary, CEO, Egyptian IT Industry Development Agency (ITIDA)
- Adel Shakeri, Director of Public Transportation Systems, Dubai Roads and Transportations Authority
- Baher Esmat, VP, Stakeholder Engagement - Middle East, ICANN
- Kidus Asfaw, Head of Innovation and Technology Partnerships, UNICEF
- Mats Granryd, Director General GSMA
- John Guisti, Chief Regulatory Officer, GSMA
- Erhun Baş, Secretary General, m-TOD
- Ling Wu, Co-Chairman, CBSG Consortium
- Hanna Zaghloul, CEO, Kawar Energy
- Toni Eid, CEO, Trace Media International
- Andrew Hanna, COO, Omantel
- Sami Said, CSO, Tunisie Telecom
- Ömer Yis, Acting Chief Marketing Officer, Turkcell
- Hatem Bamatraf, CTO, Etisalat International
- Robert Middlehurst, VP, Regulatory Affairs, Etisalat International
- Kevin Xu, Vice President of Wireless Marketing, Huawei
- Otto Williams, VP, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Fintech & Ventures CEMEA, Visa
- Michelle Jeannette Gervais, Vice President, Global Data Science, CEMEA, Visa
Mobile 360 – MENA Agenda
Day One of Mobile 360 – MENA will cover a range of topics including sessions on the roll-out and impact of 5G in the region, security and data privacy in IoT, sustainability and the impact of biometric ID wearable technology.
Day Two will focus on the impact of intelligent connectivity which combines AI and IoT to create a range of compelling new services and business opportunities. There will also be an in-depth session examining smart city deployments across the MENA region.
Mobile 360 – MENA Event Sponsors
Sponsors for the event include Etisalat (Host Sponsor); Visa (Headline Sponsor); DarkMatter and Huawei (Industry Sponsors) Telecom Egypt (Mobile Partner); Ericsson, Facebook and Tata Communications (Series Supporting Sponsors).
Mobile 360 – MENA Registration
Registration for Mobile 360 – MENA . Individuals wishing to attend should visit https://www.mobile360series.com/mena/attend/attendee-registration/ .
For further information on Mobile 360 – MENA, https://www.mobile360series.com/mena/overview/sponsors-partners/ .
Developments and updates on Mobile 360 – MENA (#MOBILE360) are available on Twitter @GSMAEVENTS, on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series
Keep up to date with broader GSMA news and activity through @GSMA.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators and nearly 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com . Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
+971 52 861 4230
GSMA Press Office
© Press Release 2019