Leading international law firm Clifford Chance announces today that Jason Mendens is to move from the firm's Dubai office to the firm's Abu Dhabi office from May 1st 2019. Jason is a specialist corporate adviser to public, private and government organisations and has particular expertise in the infrastructure, energy and resources sectors.
Jason has worked in the Middle East for over six years, acting for UAE, regional and international clients across a range of Middle East and African M&A mandates. He recently advised Mitsui & Co on its 30 billion yen investment in Africa's Export Trading Group as well as Mubadala Infrastructure Partners on the sale of its UAE social infrastructure platform.
Mo Al-Shukairy, Regional Managing Partner (elect) for Clifford Chance in the Middle East, said, "We have had an award-winning practice in the Middle East for nearly 45 years, and our commitment to the region is as strong as ever. Jason's corporate expertise and depth of client relationships will bring new strength to our Abu Dhabi office and broaden the firm's M&A capability for clients across the Middle East."
Clifford Chance has a market-leading practice in the Middle East with offices in Abu Dhabi, Casablanca, Dubai, Istanbul and Riyadh*. The firm maintains an impressive M&A track record in the region, recently advising on the following significant mandates:
- Aldar Properties on its c.US$1 billion acquisition of real estate assets from TDIC, one of the largest ever real estate M&A deals in the Middle East.
- Union National Bank on its proposed merger with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and their subsequent acquisition of Al Hilal Bank. The proposed transaction will create the third largest financial institution in the UAE and the fifth largest in the GCC, with assets of c.US$114 billion.
- In cooperation with Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H), Clifford Chance is advising Saudi British Bank (SABB) on its proposed c.US$5 billion merger with AlAwaal Bank. This will be the first ever statutory merger in Saudi Arabia and creates a highly significant precedent for other public listed companies in the Kingdom.
- SABIC on its multi-billion USD acquisition of a 24.9% stake in Clariant, a Swiss listed and publicly listed chemicals company and its debut US$2 billion Rule 144 bond offering.
* We work with Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani (AS&H) in Riyadh.
For more information about Clifford Chance see www.cliffordchance.com .
For further information about this release contact Roshan Khan on +971 4 503 2661 or email@example.com
- Clifford Chance is one of the world's pre-eminent law firms with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a single, fully integrated, global partnership, we pride ourselves on our approachable, collegiate and team based way of working. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, which include corporates from all the commercial and industrial sectors, governments, regulators, trade bodies and not for profit organisations. We provide them with the highest quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
- Clifford Chance was ranked 'Band 1' in more cross-border tables than any other firm in the Chambers Global 2018 Directory. This independent analysis focuses on firms' legal ability, professional conduct, client service, and commercial awareness, and these rankings provide outstanding recognition for the firm's breadth of expertise and consistency of quality across global markets.
- Our Middle East office was recently ranked 1st place by value in the Merger Market 2018 global M&A league tables and was awarded International Law firm of the Year at the IFLR Middle East Awards ceremony. In January, we won 10 awards at the IFN Middle East Deal of the Year Awards noting successes in key categories such as construction finance, infrastructure and projects finance, Islamic finance and securitisation.
© Press Release 2019