Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. - AmCham Abu Dhabi held its 2019 Annual General Meeting at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers on June 12, where the members of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors were elected and the new amendments to the Constitution were announced. On July 1, 2019 the following individuals will assume roles as Board Officers and Members-at-Large for a one year term that will expire June 30, 2020.
- Chairman: Jay Huston, General Manager, Orbital ATK Middle East L.L.C., Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, Defense Systems Group
- Vice Chairman: Alan L. Davis, Chief Executive, Raytheon Emirates Ltd.
- Treasurer: Frank Conway, Senior Advisor, Mubadala Investment Company
- Secretary: Charles Laubach, Partner, Afridi & Angel
Members-at-Large (alphabetical order):
- Steve Abdenour, Chief Operating Officer, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Nasser Al Osaiba, Managing Partner, Abu Dhabi Global Advocacy and Legal Counsel
- Elissar Farah Antonios, Chief Executive Officer, Cluster Head for Levant & Iraq, Citibank – U.A.E.
- Leslie Bellas, Consultant - Environmental Programs, RTI International
- Yvette L. Campbell, Institutional Advancement Director, American Community School of Abu Dhabi
- Rula Dajani, Country Director, AMIDEAST U.A.E.
- Michael Dishman, Senior Managing Director, Middle East, Africa and South Asia, Oshkosh Defense
- Mike Hanlin, F-16 Program Manager - Middle East & North Africa, Lockheed Martin Global Inc.
- Christian Lenoble, President & U.A.E. Lead Country Manager, Exxon (Al Khalij) Inc.
- Kim Schofield, Managing Partner, O2K Ltd.
- Dareen Zoughbi, Senior Director, Eastern Growth Markets, GE Healthcare, General Electric
The Annual General Meeting was kicked off with opening remarks by Executive Director Liz Beneski. Chairman Sharief Fahmy provided the Call to Order and an overview of AmCham Abu Dhabi. Following his remarks, Board Committee Chairs reported on their accomplishments over the last 12 months. The committees included Finance, Programs, Women in Business, Roundtables, U.S. – U.A.E. Public Affairs, Legal Affairs, Membership and Arts, Culture & Education. In addition, the 2019 Membership Directory was unveiled.
Sharief Fahmy, on behalf of the 2018-2019 Board of Directors, acknowledged AmCham Abu Dhabi's Falcon Club and Platinum Members, for their significant contributions to AmCham Abu Dhabi. In addition, the Board of Directors expressed their appreciation to Dr. Qaiser Anis and the Nominating Committee Members Josh Dobbs and Hana Al Kathib for their work putting together a slate of outstanding candidates. Furthermore, they extended their gratitude to Platinum Member Alliott Hadi Shahid Chartered Accountants who verified all votes and to all the Members of AmCham Abu Dhabi who participated in the 2019-2020 Board elections and attended the Annual General Meeting.
For press inquiries contact:
Fatima El Hussein, Communications Coordinator, AmCham Abu Dhabi,
T: +971 2 631 3604, E: email@example.com
About AmCham Abu Dhabi:
AmCham Abu Dhabi (the trademark of the American Business Group of Abu Dhabi) is a member of the global network of American Chambers of Commerce. Active since 1986, AmCham Abu Dhabi’s Mission is to promote commerce, investment, and goodwill between its membership, the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates. Our vision is to be an innovative organization creating trusted commercial partnerships that broaden U.S. - U.A.E. relationships. AmCham Abu Dhabi is an independent, not-for-profit association comprised of Fortune 500 corporations, small and medium sized companies and prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs. AmCham Abu Dhabi provides a uniquely situated platform through which executives pursue and discuss issues impacting business operations between the U.S. and U.A.E. Substantive government advocacy programs, educational and networking programs and customized business service are just a few of the many benefits AmCham Abu Dhabi provides its members. Through the support of its members, AmCham Abu Dhabi has become the recognized voice of U.S. business in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates.
For more information, visit: www.AmChamAbuDhabi.org
© Press Release 2019