- Everyone will be invited to imagine the pizza of the future, to be revealed at Expo
- Expo 2020 Dubai will offer a world of flavours across more than 200 F&B outlets
DUBAI:– One of the most innovative pizza companies on the planet and Expo 2020 Dubai have joined forces, with Domino’s named as Official Pizza Provider for the World’s Greatest Show.
Millions of visitors seeking a great value meal will find several outlets of Domino’s across the Expo 2020 site in Dubai South, each serving handcrafted pizzas, as well as a selection of sides and desserts.
The outlets will be operated by Alamar Foods, a Domino’s master franchise operator with more than 450 stores across the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan.
Darren Tse, Director – Concessions, Programming, Expo 2020 Dubai, said: “Expo 2020 is all about the right mix of ingredients. That’s why we’re excited to welcome Domino’s to the World’s Greatest Show, where visitors will enjoy its much-loved pizzas, and more.
“Domino’s continues to shape the culinary experiences of tomorrow, supporting Expo 2020’s theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.”
Domino’s will be taking its innovation a step further by calling for suggestions worldwide on what the future of pizza should look like. Got an innovative idea to make pizza delivery even easier? An idea to make packaging more eco-friendly? Or want to have a say on what a futuristic pizza looks like? More details of how to contribute will be released soon, with ideas helping to shape the future of pizza, to be revealed at Expo 2020.
Founded in 1960 and selling more than 500 million pizzas worldwide annually, Domino’s has a long history of innovation. The first company to promise delivery within 30 minutes, it pioneered technology that allows customers to track the progress of their order online, and is currently in the process of creating a self-driving delivery car.
Shobhit Tandon, Chief Operating Officer, Alamar Foods, said: “At Alamar Foods, we always strive to lead in the region through innovations in taste, quality and technology. We are proud to associate Domino’s with the first World Expo to be held in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia and to invite the globe to help us imagine the pizza of the future.”
Expo 2020 will be a foodie haven for six months, with more than 200 dining outlets serving 50-plus cuisines across an area equal in size to seven football pitches. Expect creative fusion cuisines, gastronomic tours, future-shaping food tech, much-loved local restaurants, cutting-edge sustainability practices and so much more at the largest event ever held in the Arab world from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai will bring together millions of people for the World’s Greatest Show, celebrating human brilliance and achievement under the theme ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- The six months from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021 will be a moment in time to be part of an unparalleled event. We are extending a warm Emirati welcome to the world:
- 25 million visits are expected, with many visitors expected to come more than once
- 70 per cent of visitors anticipated to come from outside the UAE, the largest proportion of international visitors in the 168-year history of World Expos
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 will wow visitors with 60 daily events across 173 days, showcasing the best of music, technology, creativity and culture, while 200 F&B outlets will feature famous chefs and cuisine from every corner of the world
- Expo 2020 will be an endless journey of discovery. Visitors will have access to the latest innovations and breakthroughs, with more than 200 participants – including 192 nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions – coming together to highlight real-life solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges
- Expo 2020’s subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently, and give them renewed optimism that, through collaboration, it is possible to make a lasting change to the world
- The first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) will be located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
The Expo 2020 Dubai Media Information System, Tawassul, is now available by registering at https://media.expo2020dubai.com . Tawassul is your essential tool to access important information and updates on topics such as media accreditation, licences and permits, press releases and visual assets. For inquiries, email: email@example.com
About World Expos
In 1851 the Crystal Palace was the centrepiece of London’s Great Exhibition – the first World Expo. It celebrated the man-made industrial wonders of a rapidly changing world. Architecture, contents and a theme, ‘Industry of All Nations’, were combined to create a big idea of nations meeting nations in shared technological and commercial progress. In more recent years, participants in World Expos, including governments, international organisations and companies, have gathered to find solutions to universal challenges and to promote their achievements, products, ideas, innovations, their national brand, and their nations as destinations for tourism, trade and investment.
World Expos are held under the auspices of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE), the intergovernmental organisation responsible for overseeing and regulating international exhibitions (‘Expos’) and for fostering their core values of Education, Innovation and Cooperation. Today, four types of Expos are organised under the BIE’s auspices: World Expos, Specialised Expos, Horticultural Expos and the Triennale di Milano.
For media enquiries, please contact:
On call contact
Tel: +971 56 688 9509
P.O. Box 2020, Dubai, UAE
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.