Feb 14 2013
|more articles from|
Need for more tourism projects stressed in KSA
The chairman of the committee, Mohamed Ibrahim Al-Muajil, said the purpose of the meeting was to form a joint team comprising members from Madinah municipality and the committee.
He said that the National Committee will work on forming partnerships and trade blocs for investment in tourism in the Madinah area.
Al-Muajil stressed the need for more tourism projects in Madinah, since the city was named the capital of Islamic culture for the year 2013.
Al-Muajil pointed out that committee approved a number of proposals, such as following-up on the establishment of the National Assembly for the Safety of Urban Entertainment in Jeddah with the cooperation of Jeddah Chamber of Commerce.
The committee is also working on packages of partnerships and projects in coordination with the Saudi Commission for Tourism & Antiquities (SCTA), to invest in tourist and hospitality sectors.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Travel & Tourism
- Building the future on Abu Dhabi's Saadiyat Island
- Emirates reduces flights to 41 destinations for 80 day period, maintains services to all existing points
- Over 4.5m passengers used Abu Dhabi Airport first quarter of 2014
- Earn double Etihad miles with South African Airways
- JW Marriott Marquis expects to double its revenue this year