Manama, Bahrain - The 23rd edition of the World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) will see a global participation with leaders from different regions across the world. The conference held in strategic partnership with the Central Bank of Bahrain will take place in Manama, Bahrain on the 5th, 6th and 7th of December 2016 and will feature a groundbreaking lineup of speakers.
The World Islamic Banking Conference is the longest running Islamic finance conference that speaks of a 23 year heritage with a robust platform that comprises of leading bankers, institutional investors, asset managers, policy makers, academics and other stakeholders. This year, WIBC will engage its audience in discussions on the challenges brought by the uncertainties in the global economic environment and highlight the need for Islamic finance to stay vigilant in order to maintain the current growth rates.
Saudi Arabia is one of the most active and influential markets in the Islamic finance space today as it is home to a number of dedicated Islamic Banks, as well as Islamic window operations offered through conventional banks. A great demand in Islamic finance products in this region, makes it one of the biggest markets in the GCC. His Excellency Dr. Ahmed Al-Kholifey who heads the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) and engages in research and international affairs will provide a keynote speech at WIBC relating to the opportunities available in this region.
Bahrain, the host nation of WIBC for the past 23 years has rapidly become a global leader in Islamic finance, playing host to the largest concentration of Islamic financial institutions in the Middle East. In particular, the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) continues to provide strong support to the financial industry which provides a significant percentage to the country’s GDP and economy as a whole. His Excellency Rasheed Mohammed Al Maraj, Governor, Central Bank of Bahrain has been an integral part of WIBC and will continue providing his support this year in a keynote speech, to help in furthering the ecosystem for Islamic finance entities to thrive and grow in the global markets.
Other confirmed speakers include:
· Mr. Khalid Hamad Abdul-Rahman Hamad, Executive Director - Banking Supervision, Central Bank of Bahrain
· Mr. Adel Abdul Wahab Al-Majed, Vice-Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Boubyan Bank
· Mr. Hamed Hassan Merah, Secretary General, AAOIFI
· Mr. Tirad Mahmoud, Group Chief Executive Officer, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB)
· Dr. Anwar Al Sadah, First Group Deputy CEO, Al Salam Bank
· Mr. Ahsan Ali Managing Director, Head of Islamic Origination, Standard Chartered Bank
· Dr. Yahia Abdul-Rahman, Chairman & CEO, The LARIBA System- Bank of Whittier
· Ms. Farmida Bi, Head of Islamic Finance – Europe, Norton Rose Fulbright
· Mr. Mustafa Adil, Head of Islamic Finance, Thomson Reuters
· Mr. Mohammed Kateeb, Group Chairman & CEO, Path Solutions
· Mr. Cassim Docrat, Regional Director, DDCAP Group
· Mr. Kurt Lieberman, Chief Executive Officer, Magni Global Asset Management LLC
· Mr. Fadi Al Faqih, CEO, Bank of Khartoum
· Mr. Fadi Al Qutub, Chief Investment Officer, Al Istithmar Capital
· Mr. Onur Takmak, Founding Partner & Chairman, RHEA Asset Management
· Mr. Hassan Amin Jarrar, Chief Executive Officer, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB)
· Mr. Ashar Nazim, Partner, EY
· Mr. Bashar Al Natoor, Global Head of Islamic Finance, Fitch Ratings
· Mr. Lilian Le Falher, Executive Manager, Head of Treasury Kuwait Finance House, Bahrain
· Dr. Daan Elffers, Founder, Islamic Reporting Initiative
· Mr. Rehan Pathan, Head of Middle East and Malaysia, Arabesque Asset Management
· Mr. Dr. Ashraf Gamal El Din, Chief Executive Officer, Hawkamah
· Mr. Naji Moukadam, Managing Director, SAB
· Mr. Samer Hijazi, Head of Islamic Finance, Grant Thornton UAE
· Mr. Marco Lichtfous, Partner, Deloitte Tax and Consulting
· Mr. Stuart Hutton, Chief Investment Officer, Simply Ethical
· Mr. Abdulla R. Shafeea, Head of Asset Management, The Investor for Securities Company
· Mr. Mohammad Raafi Hossain, Founder, Finocracy
· Mr. Tariq Al-Rifai, CEO, Quorum Centre for Strategic Studies
· Mr. Monem Salam, President and Fund Manager, Saturna Sdn Bhd
· Dr Hatim El-Tahir, Director Deloitte & Touche, Middle East
· Mr. Mark Smyth, Chief Investment Officer, Tawreeq Holdings
· Ms. Shabnam Mohammad, Head of Structuring MENA & Group Head of Islamic Finance, Tell Group
· Dr. Aishath Muneeza, Associate Professor, INCIEF
· Ms. Nida Raza, Director Advisory Services, The Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD)
· Mr. Hamza Abu-Musa, Founder, SharedEq
· Dr. Mohammed Abdel-Haq, CEO, Oakstone Merchant Bank
WIBC 2016 is a three-day gathering of the financial industry’s leaders, taking place on the 5th, 6th and 7th of December at the Gulf Hotel in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain. For more information, visit www.wibc2016.com.
ABOUT MIDDLE EAST GLOBAL ADVISORS
Connecting markets with intelligent insights & strategic execution since 1993.
Middle East Global Advisors (MEGA) is the gateway connectivity and intelligence platform to opportunities in the rapidly developing economic region that stretches all the way from Morocco in the West to Indonesia in the East - The Middle East North Africa Southeast Asia (MENASEA) connection. We pride ourselves for being at the heart of these diverse markets for over 23 years.
Visit us at meglobaladvisors.com.
The World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) has established its reputation as the world’s largest and most influential gathering of international Islamic banking and finance leaders for over two decades. With the strategic support of the Central Bank of Bahrain, the next generation WIBC will focus on transforming Islamic finance into a global proposition by facilitating strategic opportunities, addressing systematic challenges and connecting international market players and institutional investors to the industry's catalysts, thought leaders, partners and institutions.
For over two decades, WIBC has served as a key platform for bankers, institutional investors, asset managers, policymakers, academics and other stakeholders within Islamic finance and banking from key markets such as Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Sudan, Nigeria, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other Asian growth markets. Over the years it hosted globally renowned leaders such as Sir Howard Davies, Former Chairman of the European Central Bank, Professor Robert Kaplan of Harvard Business School, Nicholas Naseem Taleb, the author of “The Black Swan,” and Dr. Mark Mobius, Emerging Markets Guru and Executive Chairman of Templeton Emerging Markets. With its strong focus on cutting edge content, WIBC remains the strategic event for staying ahead of the innovation and technology forces that will shape the Islamic financial services industry in the near future.
To find out more, visit www.wibc2016.com
With the rise of FinTech disrupting the traditional banking sector, E Squared has been initiated to integrate the developments of financial technology in the MENA region. Over the past decade, FinTech has become a prominent sector within the global startup scene, with investments tripling over the last few years. As the world’s financial systems continue to become more interconnected, there is a demand for better technology to link these systems. Partnering with the Bahrain Economic Development Board, this event will further establish an entrepreneurial ecosystem, which will give rise to new digital and tech startups in Bahrain.
To find out more, visit http://e2.wibc2016.com/
Join the global conversation on Twitter via @wibc2016 #WIBC2016
Marketing & Media Manager
Middle East Global Advisors
Tel: +971 4 441 4946
© Press Release 2016
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.