- The Strategic Conference Programme at ADIPEC 2021 will bring together hundreds of ministers, policymakers, and business leaders from across the world to discuss and shape the new energy agenda.
- A diverse programme of events offers attendees access to immersive and interactive sessions including ministerial panels, leadership debates, industry disruptor interviews, and strategic panel sessions.
Abu Dhabi : Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and hosted by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), ADIPEC returns in person this year, bringing together experts from across the sector and giving all attendees the chance to shape the future of the energy landscape.
The Strategic Conference Programme features speaking appearances from more than 160 ministers and policymakers, including H.E. Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry & Advanced Technology, United Arab Emirates & Managing Director and Group CEO, ADNOC; H.E. Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure of the United Arab Emirates; H.E. Shaikh Mohamed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, Minister of Oil of the Kingdom of Bahrain; H.E. Chief Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources of Nigeria; H.E. Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources of the Arab Republic of Egypt; H.E. Bento Costa Lima de Albuquerque, Minister of Mines and Energy of Brazil; H.E. Mohammad Barkindo, Secretary General of OPEC; and H.E. Pavel Yurievich Sorokin, Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation.
Many of the world’s leading figures in the energy business are also confirmed to speak, including Bernard Looney, Group Chief Executive of bp; Vicki Hollub, President and CEO of Occidental; Claudio Descalzi, CEO of Eni; Lorenzo Simonelli, Chairman and CEO of Baker Hughes; Tengku Muhammad Taufik, President & Group CEO of PETRONAS; Alfred Stern, CEO of OMV; Russell Hardy, CEO of Vitol; Eric Cantor, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Moelis; Tetsuhiro Hosono, Chairman & CEO of JOGMEC; and Dr Christian Bruch, President and CEO of Siemens Energy AG.
COP26 will impact the trajectory of energy transitions, and unlock new solutions which accelerate diversification and decarbonisation strategies.
ADIPEC’s Strategic Conference will also offer unique insights into how the energy industry has responded to the challenges of COVID-19, and how it is adapting more broadly in the face of accelerated energy transitions, growing global ambitions for sustainable integrated energy value chains, and net-zero emissions.
A selection of the strategic programme’s highlights include:
- Takayuki Ueda, President and CEO of INPEX Corporation, will speak at a Strategic Panel that explores global energy demand beyond 2021 and the factors influencing the oil and gas industries.
- Olivier Le Peuch,CEO of Schlumberger Limited, will lead a Net-Zero Business Model Panel on how to navigate the upstream strategies that IOCs and NOCs are adopting, and what will determine a successful energy transition for companies.
- Jeremy Weir, Executive Chairman and CEO of Trafigura, will front a Trading and Commodity Panel that examines the industry fluctuations impacting today’s trading cycles and partnership opportunities, with particular insight on energy market diversification.
- Thomas Gangl, CEO of Borealis, will participate in a Strategic Panel on circular economy projects, and how these investments will help achieve new sustainable business models.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) will sponsor ADIPEC’s Leadership Suite, in which closed-door, invitation-only Leadership Roundtables will bring together ministers, policymakers and C-level executives to discuss and debate the trends, challenges and opportunities that will drive growth over the next decade and define the global energy future.
- Peter Herweck, CEO of AVEVA, will head a Digitalising Energy Roundtable on technological innovations and pathways for cross-sector partnerships, with a focus on achieving a greener value chain.
- Martin Helweg, CEO of P&O Maritime Logistics, will lead a Strategic Panel for offshore and marine leaders on how to develop successful b value propositions that will capture market opportunities.
Christopher Hudson, President of dmg events, organisers of ADIPEC, commented: “I am delighted to be able to welcome such a remarkable calibre of speakers to ADIPEC’s 2021 Strategic Conference. This is an unparalleled opportunity to hear from the ministers, policymakers, and business leaders who are at the forefront of shaping the new energy agenda for 2022 and beyond. The Strategic Conference Programme is designed to enable all attendees to tackle the challenges facing the energy sector head-on.”
ADIPEC is the world’s largest and most influential event for the energy industry. Attracting a record breaking 155,000+ attendees in 2019, the event brings together Energy Ministers, global CEOs and leading decision makers alongside the businesses that shape the future of energy supply across four days of focused commerce, dialogue and knowledge transfer that addresses today’s energy needs and defines tomorrow’s energy landscape.
ADIPEC gives 2,200+ exhibitors unparalleled access to the top decision-makers in the energy industry and is the ideal platform to create new business opportunities, strengthen existing relationships and network across the entire energy sector, with an estimated $18.9 Billion worth of business agreements taking place during the event.
For more information visit: www.adipec.com
ADNOC is a leading diversified energy and petrochemicals group wholly owned by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. ADNOC's objective is to maximise the value of the Emirate's vast hydrocarbon reserves through responsible and sustainable exploration and production to support the United Arab Emirates’ economic growth and diversification. To find out more, visit: www.adnoc.ae
James Lakie, Shamal Communications
Tel : +971 4 365 2711 | Mobile : +971 50 153 6544
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2021