Registration Now Open for Three Fun Events
4th October – IGNITE Pink is Punk Swim: Run: Would-be participants for the IGNITE Pink is Punk Swim: Run, kicking off at 6am on 4th October can register online now in four categories: an Open swim and run, (600m swim /3km beach and pavement run); two junior categories for participants aged 6-11 years old, and 12-16 years old (200m swim / 800m beach run) and the Fun Run, (a 3km beach and pavement run) for all ages. Teams of two can register in the Open category and everyone is encouraged to dress in their finest pink attire and fancy dress. Along with the fun and an array of wild and wacky pink costumes and revelry of the day, all participants will be eligible for a range of spot prizes and everyone will receive an IGNITE Pink is Punk singlet and goody bag.
8th October – IGNITE Pink is Punk Moonlight Yoga: Registration is also open for the Pink is Punk Sunset Yoga session, also taking place at Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort on 8th October from 7pm. Designed for all fitness levels and for those aged 16 years old and up, participants will enjoy a dynamic and revitalizing, candlelit session that is uplifting and soothing on the beautiful beach area of the Anantara, with the Dubai skyline as a stunning backdrop.
11th October – IGNITE Pink is Punk Pink Paddle: A new addition to this year’s line-up of events, the Pink Paddle stand-up paddleboard session will be held at RIVA Beach from 7am on 11th October. With category distances ranging from 1km to 4km, the event is designed for paddleboarders aged 10 and up with boards available for rent. All participants will receive an IGNITE Pink is Punk vest and goody bag and will be in the running for a variety of spot prizes.
An Important Cause
Since 2008, IGNITE Pink is Punk has raised over 350,000 AED for breast cancer related charities and will once again donate 100% of all proceeds for the 2019 events to Brest Friends, in association with the Al Jalila Foundation. As in previous years, the funds will be used to directly support breast cancer patients and their families, as well as fund research.
“Breast cancer remains one of the most serious health challenges affecting women today and more than ever we need to support medical research to improve survival rates. Sports events have the power to bring communities together to raise awareness and funds for charitable causes and we are proud to be the charity partner of IGNITE Pink is Punk again this year. This event is a perfect example of how organisations use community events as a platform to advocate for causes that touch many lives,” said Dr Abdulkareem Sultan Alolama, CEO, Al Jalila Foundation.
Dubai Business Community Support
Along with the anticipated support from participants, the 2019 series of Pink is Punk events recognizes its returning and committed sponsors, namely Platinum Sponsor Multiplex Constructions, official venue partner Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort, UAE event support services company Spendlove Group, MEP Contractor James L Williams Middle East, and communications consultancy The B Collective. In addition, Emirates NBD and food delivery app Deliveroo have also joined the cause this year as supporting sponsors.
Amongst the large-scale contributors is event Platinum Sponsor and leading global construction contractor, Multiplex Constructions: “The work that the Al Jalila Foundation and Brest Friends have been undertaking in the support of medical research, education, raising awareness on the importance of early detection of breast cancer and furthering patient support with medical treatment is a true testament to this amazing organization and the people within it. Multiplex Constructions is deeply proud to be returning as the main presenting sponsor for the Pink is Punk Swim:Run in support of this remarkable organization and their cause,” said Petar Mladenovic, Director – Middle East, of Multiplex Constructions LLC.
Also returning as an in-kind sponsor is UAE event support services company, Spendlove Group, who has supported the event since its inception, 11 years ago. “Everything about this day is good for so many reasons. All ages get to participate in the Swim:Run and all for a cause that has probably touched so many families in this world,” said Ian Spendlove, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Spendlove Group.
“I believe that the company and all its employees have a civic duty to give back to the communities where we live and work. We are proud of being a part of an event like this, raising awareness for a great cause,” said Ramy Boufarhat, Chief Operating Officer of James L Williams Middle East, whose generous monetary donations have supported Pink is Punk for the last 3 years.
For more information on the events and to register, please visit: https://ignite.ae/ignite-pink-is-punk.
For more information including imagery or media registration, please contact communications sponsor, The B Collective:
T: +971 56 430 7201
Pink is Punk Swim/Run and Fun Run – 4th October
- Registration: https://www.premieronline.com/event/ignite_pink_is_punk_swim_run_4626
- Entry fees: AED 157.50 for adults, AED 262.50 for teams and AED 73.50 for juniors. Supporters can enter for free but will receive a singlet and goody bag with a AED 157.50 contribution to the cause.
- Date: Friday, 4th October 2019
- Time: 6:00am
- Location: Anantara The Palm Resort and Spa, Parking is available onsite
Open: 600m Swim / 3km Beach and pavement run
Junior: 200m Swim / 800m Beach Run
Fun Run: 3km Beach and pavement run
Pink is Punk Pink Sunset Yoga – 8th October
Pink Paddle– 11th October
ABOUT IGNITE Group
Dubai-based IGNITE Group (www.IGNITE.ae) comprises several divisions all focused on fitness, health and wellness promotion healthy lifestyle habits and physical activity.
- IGNITE Fitness & Wellness provides a full range of fitness services, including military style bootcamps, personal training, group exercise classes and gym management (ignite-wellness.com).
- IGNITE Corporate Wellness delivers tailored programs of educational workshops and physical activities in the workplace to bring a healthier and fitter environment to employees. The goal is to help them make the best-informed decisions about their lifestyles, health and wellbeing (corporatewellnessme.com)
- IGNITE Teambuilding runs fun challenges incorporating tools focusing on communication, creativity, motivation and fun whilst keeping work teams on their toes (IGNITEteambuilding.com)
- IGNITE Surface is the destination for watersports lovers offering Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP) and kayaking, both lessons and rentals, alongside SUP fitness programmes, all non-motorized water sports and kids parties (IGNITEsurface.com)
- IGNITE Kids brings ball skills, coordination, mobility, fun, motor mechanics, education, culture, team spirit, respect and camaraderie to the younger generation (IGNITEkids.ae).
- Home Spa brings pure indulgence and complete relaxation to your home or office, with the most luxurious treatments delivered by leading therapists ( http://www.homespawellness.com )
© Press Release 2019