DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Honeywell(NYSE: HON) has signed a selection agreement with Middle East Airlines, the national flag-carrier airline of Lebanon, to provide cockpit technologies to support the airline’s new fleet of 19 aircraft. The deal, which includes four of Airbus’ latest variant, the A321XLR, will see Honeywell provide its latest full avionics suite to help Middle East Airlines maximize safety and ensure regulatory compliance.
Middle East Airlines’ (MEA) purchase of Airbus aircraft includes 11 A321NEOs, four A330NEOs and four A321XLRs, the latest evolution of the successful A321NEO aircraft. MEA is a launch customer of the A321XLR, and through the completion of this agreement, Honeywell is one of the first selected suppliers of cockpit technologies for the launch of the aircraft.
“By selecting Honeywell’s full avionics suite for its latest fleet, MEA is underlining its commitment to operating some of the latest, most advanced and capable aircraft in the sky,” said Raghed Talih, leader for Honeywell Aerospace in the Middle East. “Our avionics portfolio helps airlines create a path towards future EASA and FAA safety mandates and provides pilots with crucial flight information in the most efficient way possible. This makes it easier for them to select optimal routes and navigate inclement weather.”
Honeywell will provide weather, communication, navigation and safety technologies for MEA’s new fleet, including:
- Integrated Multi-Mode Receiver: Helps pinpoint precise airplane locations for efficient landings, especially during difficult and new runway approaches, helping MEA maintain the highest level of passenger safety and comfort.
- IntuVue RDR-4000 3D Weather Radar: Improves situational awareness of both on-path and off-path weather and vertical analysis mode. It features extended range turbulence, weather ahead alerting and predictive warnings.
- Pegasus II Flight Management System: Has unique fuel-saving features, including four cruise flight level wind/temperature entries.
- Emergency Locator Transmitter: The system that guides rescuers to an aircraft in emergencies will receive a unique battery designed to meet future FAA/EASA requirements.
- TCAS/Mode S Transponder: Change 7.1 and DO-260B compliant with new design for future growth opportunities.
- Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System: An industry-leading terrain awareness and warning system installed on more than 90% of the commercial aircraft worldwide and key enabler for landing surveillance.
To find out more about this announcement, please reach out to our media contact, or visit us at Dubai Airshow 2019 November 17–21 at Booth #1249 to speak with an expert.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
About Middle East Airlines - Air Liban
Middle East Airlines, the national airline of Lebanon, is one of the leading Middle Eastern carriers and a member of the global SkyTeam alliance with a consolidated route network covering 1080 destinations in 177 countries, From its home base in Rafik Hariri International Airport in Beirut, Middle East Airlines flies to 32 international destinations in Europe, Middle East and West Africa. MEA’s fleet consist of 18 Airbus Aircraft. MEA offers its customers luxurious services both on ground and on board, reflecting Lebanese culture and hospitality. For more information about MEA, visit www.mea.com.lb. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2019