- Over 200 of the Middle East’s biggest and most influential Indian leaders gather at a dazzling event to celebrate the mutual success and historic ties between the two regions.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum was present to witness the celebrations and hand out awards.
- “[This event] brings together individuals whose contributions we all should recognize because of the wealth they create, the jobs they create, the opportunities they have seized, and the example they set for so many others,” said H.E. Navdeep Singh Suri, Ambassador of India to the U.A.E.
Forbes Middle East’s Top Indian Leaders Award Winners, with HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Juma Al Maktoum, H.E. Navdeep Singh Suri, Ambassador of India to the U.A.E., Khuloud Al Omian, Editor-in-Chief, and Justina Eitzinger, Chief Revenue Officer at Forbes Middle East.
Forbes Middle East has unveiled its 7th annual ranking of the Middle East’s most successful and influential Indian leaders. For 2019, the ranking reveals the pioneers, executives and CFOs that have had the biggest impact in the region through their tireless work and phenomenal businesses, which have helped build the Arab world into the metropolis it is today.
The ranking was released at a glittering gala at the Palazzo Versace, Dubai, which hosted His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, His Excellency Navdeep Singh Suri, Ambassador of India to the U.A.E., and over 200 Indian leaders and special guests.
Speaking at the event, His Excellency, Navdeep Singh Suri, said that the annual celebration was one he would never miss as it brings together those individuals whose contributions should be recognized because of the wealth and jobs they have created, the opportunities they seized thanks to the beneficial business environment created by the leaders of the Gulf countries, and the example that they have set for so many others.
The ambassador spoke proudly of the recent growth of India’s economy. The country has jumped 65 places in three years on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking, from 139 to 37. He encouraged the audience to continue to put their faith and investment in India.
His Excellency, Navdeep Singh Suri, Ambassador of India to the U.A.E.
“We have a government committed to addressing challenges and to making it generally easier for all of you to experience a better business environment,” he said. “Take advantage of the new India, there is a change happening before your eyes. Take a fresh look and be the bridge between India and the UAE that you have always been, as communities but now also in business.”
Honoring these Indian leaders’ contribution to the region, Forbes Middle East’s list of the Top 100 Indian Leaders Making An Impact In The Middle East consists of 60 Indian Pioneers and 40 Indian Executives. For the first time, it has also highlighted the top 10 Indian CFOs who are at the helm of some of the largest companies’ finances. The complete lists can be viewed at: www.forbesmiddleeast.com.
Top 10 Indian Pioneers
- Yusuff Ali M.A., Managing Director of Lulu Group international
- B.R. Shetty, Founder and Chairman of NMC Health and BRS Ventures
- Sunil Vaswani, Group Chairman of Stallion Group
- Ravi Pillai, Founder and Chairman of RV Group of Companies
- Firoz Allana, Supervisory Board Member at IFFCO Group
- P.N.C. Menon, Founder and Chairman of Sobha Group
- Rizwan Sajan, Founder and Chairman of Danube Group
- Thumbay Moideen, Founder President of Thumbay Group
- Shaji Ul Mulk, Chairman of Mulk Holdings
- Azad Moopen, Chairman and MD of Aster DM Healthcare
Top 10 Indian Executives
- Adnan Chilwan, Group CEO at Dubai Islamic Bank
- Sunil Kaushal, Regional CEO for Standard Chartered
- Sanjiv Kakkar, Group CEO at Emaar Properties
- Raghu Malhotra, President, Middle East and Africa at Mastercard
- Tariq Chauhan, Group CEO at EFS Facilities Services Group
- Amit Jain, Group CEO at Emaar Properties
- Amit Kaushal, CEO at Dubai Holdings
- Rishi Kapoor, Co-CEO at Investcorp
- Gaurav Shah, CEO at Al Rajhi Capital
- Prasanth Manghat, CEO and Executive Director at NMC Healthcare
Top 10 Indian CFOs
- Yuvraj Narayan, Group CFO at DP World
- Surinder Sarna, Group CFO at Alshaya Group
- Shrimati Damal, CFO at Majid Al Futtaim
- Deepak Khullar, CFO at Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Deepak Majithia, CFO at RAKBANK
- Pinak Maitra, Group CFO at KIPCO
- Mushtaq Masood, CFO at Dubai Investments
- Sunny Bhatia, CFO atGlobal Investment House
- Suresh Vaidhyanathan, CFO at GA Group Holdings
- Ramanthan Narayanasamy, CFO at Dubai Insurance
The event was held in partnership with: official chocolate partner, Patchi; official travel partner, ITL world; luxury gift partner, Montegrappa; and official entertainment partner, Vento Entertainment.
About Forbes Middle East
Forbes Middle East is a licensee of Forbes Media and extends the Forbes brand of journalism across the Arab world. Forbes Middle East's distinctive editorial style attracts a readership of Arab leaders, entrepreneurs, C-level executives, government officials and investors united by a belief in the spirit of free enterprise and entrepreneurial values. Each issue brings top executives the information critical to their success in both Arabic and English.
The magazine researches and publishes original rankings, based on methodologies set by Forbes Media.
For more information, please visit www.forbesmiddleeast.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
© Press Release 2019