Equiom, the leading international professional services provider, is strengthening its presence in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), following the appointment of its regional representative Gary Hales. Based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Gary will drive business development across Equiom’s full range of fiduciary and related support-services. Equiom entered the Gulf region in September 2016 through its partnership with leading commercial facilitation and advisory service provider Links Group.
The move follows increased demand from local businesses and high-net-worth individuals for Equiom’s trust services, particularly in the structuring of end-of-service gratuity trusts. The company has also experienced a raft of regional enquiries for UK tax advice and the implications of Brexit on taxes for expatriate workers and foreign investors.
‘The success we’ve enjoyed since entering the UAE in 2016 is testament to the strength of our partnership with Links Group and the strategic alignment this offers. We’ve enjoyed solid organic growth to date in the Gulf markets and, through reciprocal referrals, we’ve been able to offer existing clients multi-jurisdictional options to best protect their financial interests. The appointment of our dedicated regional representative in the UAE means we will be better positioned to service existing client demand and to drive growth in new areas,’ explained Sheila Dean, Global CEO of Equiom.
Gary brings to Equiom more than 20 years’ experience in banking and financial services. Most recently he was Head of Business Development and Marketing at BVI Finance in the British Virgin Islands. In addition to trusts and UK tax advice, he sees strong potential in the Gulf region for Equiom’s core asset management services in aviation, yachting, crewing and real estate.
‘There is a lot of untapped potential for Equiom across the Gulf markets where corporations and family offices are realising the importance of structuring and managing their asset portfolios correctly to ensure the greatest level of protection. Many of these companies have undergone a period of rapid growth, or they are next generation family businesses seeking exacting standards of governance to maximize the performance of their assets. Equiom is able to draw on our extensive international experience to support these needs.’
For more information visit www.equiomgroup.com
Equiom is fast becoming the stand-out business in the professional services sector, with offices in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. It provides a range of innovative and effective business partnering solutions.
Equiom’s experienced and highly qualified teams support corporations and high-net-worth individuals around the world with their fiduciary and related support-service needs.
Equiom is an independent, management-owned company focused on strategic thinking and quick responses to clients’ requirements. It is a thriving business, continually seeking to develop its product range, in order to provide both existing and potential clients with an unrivalled range of options and opportunities.
Equiom (Guernsey) Limited is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission. Equiom Trust (Guernsey) Limited is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission. Equiom Trust Services (BVI) Limited is regulated by the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission. Equiom (Isle of Man) Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority. Equiom (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Equiom (Luxembourg) S.A is supervised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the supervisory authority of the Luxembourg financial sector. Equiom (Malta) Limited is authorised to act as a trustee and fiduciary services provider by the Malta Financial Services Authority. Equiom Trust Services Pte. Ltd. is licensed by The Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Equiom’s Award Successes
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2018 – Trust Company of the Year Malta
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2018 – Trust Company of the Year Jersey (Runner-up)
- Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2017 – Silver winner for ‘Company of the Year’ in the Female Leadership category and Silver winner for ‘Woman of the Year’ (Sheila Dean) in the Business Growth category
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2017 – Trust Company of the Year Guernsey (Runner-up)
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2017 – Trust Company of the Year Hong Kong & Singapore
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2017 – Trust Company of the Year Isle of Man
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2017 – Trust Company of the Year Malta
- Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2016 – Silver Award: Business Development Initiative of the Year (Debby Davidson)
- eprivateclient Top 25 Trust Companies 2016
- Citywealth Power Women Awards 2016 – Company of the Year Female Leadership (Large, Institutional)
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2016 – Trust Company of the Year Isle of Man
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2016 – Trust Company of the Year Hong Kong (Runner-up)
- Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards 2016 – Trust Company of the Year Guernsey (Runner-up)
- eprivateclient Top 50 Most Influential 2016 and 2017: Sheila Dean
© Press Release 2018