Bahrain-origin exports surge 59% to $778mln in April

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 81% of the total value

  
Image used for illustrative purpose. A cargo ship is seen docked at Khalifa Port at APM Terminals in Muharraq, Bahrain, September 11, 2018.

Image used for illustrative purpose. A cargo ship is seen docked at Khalifa Port at APM Terminals in Muharraq, Bahrain, September 11, 2018.

REUTERS/Hamad I Mohammed

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin increased by 59% to BD295 million ($778million) during April 2021, compared to BD186 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) in its foreign trade report of April 2021.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 81% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 19%.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD57 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, Egypt was second with BD38 million and the UAE ranked third with BD36 million.

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates as the top products exported during April 2021 with BD95 million, unwrought aluminium alloys were second with a value of BD54 million and third aluminium wire not alloyed with BD12 million.

The total value of re-exports increased by 39% to reach BD53 million during April2021, compared to BD38 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 87% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 13%.TheUAE ranked first with BD19 million, the KSA second with BD14 million, and Hong Kong third with BD4 million.

Gold ingots are the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, came in second place four-wheel drive cars with BD7 million, and private cars came third with BD4 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totalling BD109 million during April of 2021 compared to BD139 million for the same month of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 21%.

The value of imports increased by 26%, reaching BD457 million during April2021compared to BD362 million for the same month the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 71% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29%.

According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total ofBD78 million. China was second with BD60 million, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was third with BD29 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD100 million, while other aluminium oxide was second withBD21 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD15 million. – TradeArabia News Service

Copyright 2021 Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).

Disclaimer: The content of this article is syndicated or provided to this website from an external third party provider. We are not responsible for, and do not control, such external websites, entities, applications or media publishers. The body of the text is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither we nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this article. Read our full disclaimer policy here.

More From GCC