Saudi Water Partnerships Company (SWPC), the principal off-taker for water and wastewater projects in Saudi Arabia, released the list of nine prequalified bidders for Jubail 4 and 6 Independent Water Project (IWP).
The Request for Qualification (RFQ) for the 600,000 cubic metres per day (m3/day) capacity desalination plant was issued on 26 January 2023.
The prequalified bidders are:
- UAE’s Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA)
- Spain’s Acciona Agua
- Saudi’s ACWA Power
- Saudi consortium of Ajlan & Bros and Rawafid Industrial Company
- Saudi-Oman consortium of Al Jomaih Energy & Water Co. and Sogex Oman Co
- Spain’s GS Inima
- France’s International Power (Engie)
- Japan’s Marubeni Corporation
- Saudi Arabia’s Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu (Marafiq)
A total of 35 companies including 16 Saudi companies had expressed their interest in the project.
(Writing by Senthil Palanisamy; Editing by Anoop Menon)
Subscribe to our Projects' PULSE newsletter that brings you trustworthy news, updates and insights on project activities, developments, and partnerships across sectors in the Middle East and Africa.