Dubai, UAE – As the Official Payment Technology Partner of Expo 2020 Dubai, Mastercard will be powering the mega-event’s payments and ticketing platform and offering visitors an opportunity to join the fight against climate change. When purchasing tickets, visitors to the Expo 2020 Dubai website will now be able to donate to Mastercard’s Priceless Planet Coalition upon checkout as an add-on feature.
Supported by strategic partners including Expo 2020 Dubai, Emirates NBD and Network International, the Priceless Planet Coalition aims to restore 100 million trees globally by 2025. Together, the coalition aims to unite businesses, governments and consumers in climate action, engaging Expo visitors directly and enabling them to easily take action for the planet.
Within the UAE, the donations will be allocated towards restoring mangrove trees across the country’s natural ecosystems. Effective mangrove restoration strategies can support the long-term resilience of coastal ecosystems that in turn provide numerous benefits to people, such as the recovery of declining fish stocks, improving water quality, conserving cultural identity, as well as offering opportunities for eco-tourism.
With consumers in the region becoming more willing to take personal action to combat environmental and sustainability issues, the global technology leader aims to bring the issue of climate change at the forefront of Expo 2020 Dubai.
As the world’s biggest cultural gathering opens its doors, Mastercard will continue to bring forth some of the best and brightest innovations around the world. The company will also be unveiling its consumer-facing experiential exhibit in the lead-up to Expo 2020 Dubai with endless opportunities and cutting-edge solutions.
Powered by Mastercard Payment Gateway Services, Expo 2020’s ticketing platform is enabling users to accept a wide range of digital payments easily and securely from all over the world while offering innovative solutions for processing and fraud prevention. Using the latest proprietary Artificial Intelligence technology – Brighterion – Mastercard is ensuring fraud prevention for Expo 2020 Dubai’s website by offering seamless, secure, and personalized experiences that bring together the next era of innovation.
Further easing the journey for guests, Mastercard is embedding Click to Pay, the next generation of eCommerce technology, to make it easy and safe for UAE consumers to instantly check out without the need to enter their card credentials across various Click to Pay-enabled sites or to store this sensitive information with different merchants.
Mastercard invites all visitors to discover a seamless world – one without borders – using the power of technology that leaves and creates a positive legacy for humanity and the planet.
About Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenges
- Expo 2020 will be the biggest cultural gathering in the world, presenting a visually striking and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020’s subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- For six months, Expo 2020 will be a must-visit family destination, with thousands of events, amazing exploratory experiences, and free entry for children up to age 18
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the world’s leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 – a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future – after Expo 2020 closes its doors
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.