Equity can be one of the best ways to attract and retain talent for the long-term. But when it comes to expanding a company worldwide, it’s hard to know where and how to start approaching equity grants. There are so many questions, like:
- How to structure equity incentives, so they benefit teams and the company best?
- Where to start when it comes to hiring EOR employees and contractors and granting them equity in countries where the company doesn’t have entities?
- How does taxation work in various countries?
- When are taxable events, and how to calculate those for team members?
- What to to do to comply with local laws?
- What compliance documents to send to teams?
While Deel has been already helping businesses in a consultative capacity, like how to manage taxable events on EOR employee equity, plus handling payroll on those events, the company is now pairing these services with a whole new product dedicated to equity management and issuance, to scale their expertise to more and more companies.
That’s a big part of why Deel is acquiring a company called Capbase. Their team has tons of experience removing the complexities that come with setting up companies and growing them. They offer technology and compliance expertise to help hundreds of businesses incorporate seamlessly in the US, set up bank accounts and boards, manage cap tables, and, of course, grant equity. All these things complement Deel’s efforts around helping companies expand more easily, all in one place, compliantly.
Capbase has a unique approach in that they help companies develop throughout their “lifecycle” - from incorporating, to fundraising, to setting up employment contracts, to compliance filings, all the way through to granting equity. It’s why they’re a great fit for Deel. Plus, they’ll help Deel do more in the US to support startups and help companies go global.
The Capbase team will continue running their own services, however they’ll also work to scale Deel’s equity and payroll products.