Apr 21 2012
|more articles from|
NBO releases sustainability report for banking industry
Sustainability management is defined as the combined management of economic, social and environmental performance, with the aim of benefitting all key stakeholders.
NBO 's sustainability report, according to a press release, features the bank's sustainability strategy and progress, covering its approach and performance, from 2009 to 2011, on the most material issues faced by the bank, with regards to sustainability. It was produced using stakeholder feedback and the disclosure requirements of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines, which is the top international benchmark for sustainability reporting.
Omar al Fardan, NBO chairman, said, " NBO is indeed very proud to take the lead to publish the first sustainability report in the Omani banking industry and among listed corporates in the country. The report marks a substantial step towards greater transparency and positive commitment to our stakeholders."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More