Apr 24 2013
|more articles from|
Iran ready to cooperate with West if they are honest: FM
Salehi made the remarks in response to U.S. and British officials who have recently said that there is no need for new sanctions measures on Iran before the country's presidential election.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said that the European Union should focus on implementing its current sanctions against Iran over Tehran's nuclear program rather than imposing new measures for the moment, Reuters reported on Monday.
Salehi said, "They have always said that they are ready to have interaction with Iran, and we have also said that the principles of our foreign policy are based on logic, so if this time their readiness to cooperate with Iran has been expressed honestly, we are also ready to cooperate."
© Tehran Times 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- A missing plane and emotional reunion, played live on Twitter
- UPDATE 1-Roommate arrested in case of severed head found under Hollywood sign
- House cat in Oregon attacks baby, traps family in bedroom
- Elephants can gauge threat from human voices, study finds
- Investors prefer business pitches from handsome men, U.S. study finds
- There's More