Jul 10 2012
|more articles from|
Economy shows positive signs in H1 -- CBJ governor
Central Bank of Jordan ( CBJ ) Governor Ziad Fariz said in remarks at a meeting hosted by the Socio-Economic Council that the CBJ holds a "comfortable and safe" level of foreign currency, despite the delay in foreign assistance, that remains vital for Jordan, which suffers an unprecedented budget deficit, blamed mainly on disruption in gas supplies from Egypt and the rising energy needs.
Fariz also cited "positive indicators" achieved in the first half of 2012, including stabilised inflation rate at 3.9 per cent by the end of June, a 19 per cent increase in tourism revenues and improvement in expatriates' remittances.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- There's More