Aug 01 2012
|more articles from|
CORRECTED-Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit down 6 pct, top estimates
(Corrects year-ago profit and provisions comparison figure)
DUBAI, July 31 (Reuters) - Dubai Islamic Bank ( DIB ), the largest sharia-compliant lender in the emirate, said on Tuesday its second-quarter net profit fell 6 percent, though the results still moved past analysts' forecasts.
The bank said it earned profit of 310 million dirhams ($84.4 million) in the three months to June 30, down from 330.56 million dirhams a year-ago.
In the first quarter of 2012, profit stood at 245 million dirhams, the bank said.
(Reporting by David French; Editing by Amran Abocar)
((firstname.lastname@example.org)(+971 4 362 5864)(Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
Keywords: EMIRATES DUBAIISLAMIC/RESULTS
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More