The second day of the MARC MALAYSIAN BOND & SUKUK CONFERENCE 2021 commenced with a presentation by Mr. John Sidoli, Research and Compliance, SINEGY on the utilisation of fintech in bond and sukuk issuances and an overview of the global digital landscape. He further elaborated on Malaysia’s initiatives regarding the digitalisation of bonds and exchanges including the opportunities and challenges faced in the development of Islamic fintech products such as sukuk.
This was followed by a dialogue on sukuk, encompassing emerging sukuk trends, regulatory challenges and the sustained demand for sukuk. Globally, there is a shift in trends towards environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) sukuk, with the panellists highlighting Malaysia’s leadership role in establishing this trend. Participating in this dialogue were:
- Datuk Dr. Mohd Daud Bakar, Founder and Executive Chairman, Amanie Group
- Mohd Afzanizam Abdul Rashid, Chief Economist, Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
- Nitish Bhojnagarwala, Vice President, Senior Credit Officer, Financial Institutions Group, Moody's Investors Service.
The third and final day tomorrow will commence with a discussion on ESG. The discussion will centre around the development of ESG policies, how investors are factoring ESG into investment decisions and the relevant benefits, as well as current best ESG practices. The line-up of panellists for this discussion will feature:
The conference will close with a conversation on the collective aspirations for the domestic bond and sukuk market, which will include the challenges that lie ahead and the way forward to drive the domestic capital market to greater heights. Participants in this conversation include:
- Meor Amri Meor Ayob, Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director, Bond Pricing Agency Malaysia
- Raja Amir Shah Raja Azwa, Head, Debt Capital Markets, Global Banking, HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
- Nor Masliza Sulaiman, Senior Managing Director & Regional Head, Capital Markets, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad.
For further information and to register for the virtual MMBS 2021, please click here.
Lalitha Sivanesan, +603-2717 2953/ email@example.com
Nurfarain Mohd Dom, +603-2717 2925/ firstname.lastname@example.org
[This announcement is available on MARC’s corporate website at www.marc.com.my ]
© 2021 Malaysian Rating Corporation Berhad
© Press Release 2021