The first gathered the Dubai Police and the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority to define and review their matrix of duties and responsibilities regarding projects related to Expo 2020. It was attended by committee members His Excellency Lieutenant General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police and His Excellency Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Director General and Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), as well as Colonel Dr Saleh Al Hamrani, Deputy Director-General of Excellence and Entrepreneurship at Dubai Police, and Ahmed Bahrozyan, Chief Executive Officer of The Public Transport Agency at the RTA.
The second meeting set out a matrix of duties and responsibilities for the General Directorate of Civil Defence in Dubai and the Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services (DCAS), and included assurances of the operational preparedness of their services and their response plans for emergencies during the event. It was attended by Major General Expert Rashid Thani Al Matrooshi, Director General of Dubai Civil Defence; His Excellency Khalifa bin Drai, Executive Director of Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services (DCAS) and Brig. Expert Ali Hassan Al Mutawa, Assistant Director-General for Fire and Rescue at Dubai Civil Defence. Mishal Julfar, Acting Director of Ambulance Operations at DCAS, and Sultan Abdul Rahman, Event Supervisor at DCAS, were also present.
The City Readiness Committee began its work in March 2019 after His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Chairman of the Expo 2020 Dubai Higher Committee, issued a decision to form a committee to supervise the city’s preparations to host Expo 2020 Dubai.
The committee is working on setting up an action plan to ensure all preparations for the event – including technical, logistical, media, marketing, tourism, and other sectors – are integrated at state level. It is defining the scope of the projects implemented in Dubai in particular, and across the UAE in general, and discussing the coordination mechanisms with local and federal stakeholders to ensure the implementation of duties.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will bring the world together in a spirit of hope and optimism and with a shared purpose towards solving some of our greatest challenges.
- It will showcase the greatest innovations, breakthroughs and ideas from around the planet, enabling action towards a better world under its theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’
- Expo 2020 will be an endless journey of discovery as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – harness their collective power to change the world for the better
- Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 will wow visitors with daily events, showcasing the best of technology, creativity and culture, while F&B outlets will feature cuisine from around the world
- The first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site is an example of innovation in action and will transform into District 2020, a blueprint for human-centric, smart and sustainable cities of the future, after Expo 2020 closes its doors
How to cover Expo 2020 Dubai in person at event time or report on the event remotely
To attend Expo 2020 or cover Expo 2020 remotely using content and assets generated by Expo, you must be accredited.
To kick off your journey with Expo 2020, please ensure that you:
Tawassul is regularly updated, providing the latest content assets, including press releases, photographs, audio and video, the electronic media kit, and information on broadcast and photography operations. It also provides you with important information and updates on facilities and services such as media accreditation, visa information for international accredited media, and permits. Access to other media-related systems (Media Asset Management System and Media Bookings System), which will be launched in Q2 2021, will only be permitted to accredited media (see below). Information about these systems can be found on Tawassul.
- Once registered, submit an Expo 2020 Media Accreditation expression of interest.
Within this expression of interest, please appoint an Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) from within your organisation who will act as the single point of contact with Expo 2020 for media accreditation. Following this, approved media organisations will be provided login details and instructions for the accreditation system to enable them to submit applications.
For support, contact Expo 2020 Dubai’s Media Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About World Expos
In 1851 the Crystal Palace was the centrepiece of London’s Great Exhibition – the first World Expo. It celebrated the man-made industrial wonders of a rapidly changing world. Architecture, contents and a theme, ‘Industry of All Nations’, were combined to create a big idea of nations meeting nations in shared technological and commercial progress. In more recent years, participants in World Expos, including governments, international organisations and companies, have gathered to find solutions to universal challenges and to promote their achievements, products, ideas, innovations, their national brand, and their nations as destinations for tourism, trade and investment.
World Expos are held under the auspices of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE), the intergovernmental organisation responsible for overseeing and regulating international exhibitions (‘Expos’) and for fostering their core values of Education, Innovation and Cooperation. Today, four types of Expos are organised under the BIE’s auspices: World Expos, Specialised Expos, Horticultural Expos and the Triennale di Milano.
For media enquiries, please contact:
On call contact
P.O. Box 2020, Dubai, UAE
© Press Release 2021