- The chief guest H.E. Dr. Salem Al Darmaki pre-launched the 500-bed Thumbay Academic Hospital, the largest private academic hospital in the region coming up at Thumbay Medicity
- Renowned experts from insurance and healthcare discussed and analyzed the role of technology to reduce cost of healthcare delivery
Leading experts from the UAE’s insurance sector were honored for their outstanding contributions, at the Annual Health Insurance Conference & Award Ceremony 2018 held at the Fairmont Hotel, Ajman on 4th October 2018. H. E. Dr. Salem Al Darmaki, Advisor to the UAE Minister of Health and Prevention was the chief guest of the conference. Dr. Thumbay Moideen, Founder President of Thumbay Group was the special guest of honor.
Mr. Akbar Moideen Thumbay, Vice President of the Healthcare Division of Thumbay Group delivered the welcome address. Addressing the gathering, Dr. Thumbay Moideen recounted the success story of Thumbay Group, from its humble beginnings in 1998 to a diversified international conglomerate with global presence and business activities across 20 sectors.
- E. Dr. Salem Al Darmaki pre-launched the 500-bed Thumbay University Hospital Complex coming up at Thumbay Medicity, which will be the largest private academic hospital in the region. He presented the ‘Special Award of Honor & Recognition’ to the following insurance experts:
- Christian Gregorowicz, CEO, NextCare Health Insurance
- Marion Corbett, Director - Provider Relations, National Health Insurance Company – Daman Insurance
- Fadi Hindi, CEO, Takaful Emarat
- Jean Louis Laurent Josi, CEO, Oman Insurance
- Umair Nizami, Managing Director, Neuron LLC
- Mumtaz Hussain, General Manager, Operations, Pentacare Medical Services
- Joe Boulos, General Manager, NAS Administration Services
- Nabil Shanawani, Assistant General Manager, Al Buhaira National Insurance Company
Jointly organized by Thumbay Hospital – the largest network of private academic hospitals in the region and Gulf Medical University – the biggest private medical university in the region, the scientific sessions of the conference were led by expert speakers who presented their views on the role of technology to reduce cost of healthcare delivery. Expert sessions included:
- Health Insurance and Technology - Mr. Nabil Shanawani, AGM, Al Buhaira National Insurance Company
- Expert Opinion for better and safer care- Layla Al Marzouqi Director, Medical Tourism Council, Dubai Health Authority
- A Digital Customer Journey in Health Insurance –Mr. Christian Gregorowicz, CEO, NextCare Health Insurance
- Leading Digital Transformation in the Insurance Industry –Mr. Thammam Abdullah, CCO, Takaful Emarat
- Healthcare Technology and Investments on the Rise - Mr. Joe Boulos, General Manager, NAS Administration Services
- Technolgy in the Pharmacy - Mr. Ahmed Al Tabbakh, Head - Medical and Life Claims, Oman Insurance Company
The conference emphasized the judicious utilization of technology as an important factor in keeping the cost of healthcare delivery in check. With rapid improvements in technology, its increased integration with healthcare delivery and emphasis on innovation, technology’s role in healthcare is set to assume more importance the world over in terms of far-reaching advances in both quality and value, experts said.
© Press Release 2018