Sri Lankan shares closed higher on Friday, supported by consumer staples stocks.
* The CSE All-Share index settled 0.43% higher at 11,256.52.
* Ceylon Beverage Holdings Plc and C T Holdings Plc were the top gainers on the index, surging 18.5% and 8.1%, respectively.
* Trading volume on the index fell to 33.1 million shares from 61.4 million shares in the previous session.
* The equity market's turnover fell to 1.11 billion Sri Lankan rupees ($3.46 million) from 1.2 billion rupees in the previous session, according to exchange data.
* Foreign investors were net buyers, purchasing stocks worth 17.3 million rupees, while domestic investors were net sellers, offloading shares worth 1.10 billion rupees, the data showed.
* For a report on global markets, click ($1 = 323.7500 Sri Lankan rupees) (Reporting by Ashna Teresa Britto)