- Ceremony will feature a ministerial panel session and the 10th annual ADIPEC Awards
- Over 700 thought leaders and industry experts to participate in 135 online sessions spanning 4 days
Abu Dhabi, UAE: The Abu Dhabi International Petroleum and Exhibition Conference (ADIPEC) 2020 Virtual Conference, the world’s largest gathering of oil and gas industry players, is set to begin on Monday, November 9, 2020.
Held under the patronage of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and hosted by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), the conference provides a global platform for policymakers, industry leaders and professionals to engage on and address the most pressing issues facing the energy sector.
His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology and ADNOC Group CEO will inaugurate the opening ceremony which will take place at 14:00 GST (Gulf Standard Time) on Monday 9 November 2020.
Following the inaugural address by H.E. Dr. Al Jaber, a ministerial panel session will be held featuring H.E. Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei, UAE Minister of Energy and Infrastructure, His Royal Highness Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Saud, Minister of Energy, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, His Excellency Alexander Novak, Minister of Energy, Russian Federation and H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC. The panel will focus on building resilience in the energy industry.
Omar Suwaina Al Suwaidi, Chairman of ADIPEC, said: “Over the past three decades, ADIPEC has evolved to become the world’s pre-eminent gathering of the oil and gas industry, setting the agenda of the global energy conversation and placing Abu Dhabi and the UAE at its center. This year’s virtual edition is no different. ADIPEC 2020 provides a timely opportunity for the industry to discuss practical solutions on how we can strengthen our resilience to enable long-term and sustainable value as we continue responding to the COVID-19 situation and adjust to a fast-evolving energy landscape.”
The Opening Ceremony will conclude with a celebration of the winners of the 10th edition of The ADIPEC Awards. The finalists in each of the 10 categories will join distinguished members of the jury panel and CEO of ADNOC LNG and ADIPEC Awards Chairperson, Fatema Al Nuaimi, in recognising and rewarding the individuals, companies and projects breaking down barriers and driving positive change in the industry.
The theme of this year’s ADIPEC is “Examining the Oil and Gas Industry’s Response to Unparalleled Change” and will see the conference focus on the strategies that will deliver long term success for the industry as it navigates the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy, energy market dynamics and the implications COVID-19 has on the energy transition.
ADIPEC 2020 comprises a strategic and technical conference of more than 135 sessions, with over 700 global speakers and 115 technical sessions. The virtual exhibition will host more than 100 exhibiting companies and the global virtual meetings programme will offer attendees the opportunity to make new contacts and reconnect with their professional networks.
The Virtual Strategic Conference will see industry leaders discuss strategies for success as the long-term impact of the crisis is felt on supply and demand, the world economy, and the global energy transition.
The Technical Conference, organised by Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), will feature over 800 technical experts from around the world. With over 115 technical sessions the Virtual Technical Conference is the largest in the world to take place this year. Furthermore, the expanded ADIPEC Virtual Downstream Technical Conference, organised by dmg events will explore the role of AI and digitalisation in refining and petrochemicals; decarbonisation; the future workforce; energy security, and the future impact of the downstream on the circular economy.
ADIPEC 2020 Virtual can be accessed on any device that has an internet connection, giving all attendees unlimited access to global exhibitors and industry professionals at their convenience, during the actual event days and on-demand for 30 days post event.
The 2020 edition of ADIPEC boasts a confirmed list of speakers comprising energy leaders, industry experts, government officials, policymakers, thought leaders, academics and technology innovators including:
- H.E. Shaikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, Minister of Oil, Kingdom of Bahrain
- H.E. Supattanapong Punmeechaow, Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Energy, Thailand
- H.E. Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum, and Mineral Resources, Arab Republic of Egypt
- H.E. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Minister of Steel, India
- H.E. Kajiyama Hiroshi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan
- Rt Hon, Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Exports, United Kingdom
- H.E. Hala Adel Zawati, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jordan
- H.E. Ihsan Ismaael, Minister of Energy and Minister of Oil, Republic of Iraq
- H.E. Arifin Tasrif, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Republic of Indonesia
- H.E. Eng. Khairy Abdelrahman, Acting Minister of Energy and Mining, Sudan
- H.E. Chief Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Nigeria
- H.E. Mouhamadou Makhtar Cissé, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Senegal
- H.E. Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines, Industry and Energy, Equatorial Guinea
- H.E. Jean-François Tremblay, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources, Canada
- Frank Fannon, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Energy Resources, US Department of State
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO of Total.
- Bernard Looney, CEO of BP.
- Claudio Descalzi, CEO of Eni.
- Takayuki Ueda, President and CEO, INPEX Corporation.
- Mario Mehren, CEO, Wintershall DEA.
- Philippe Boisseau, EO of Cepsa.
- Vicki Hollub, President and CEO of Occidental.
- Meg Gentle, President and CEO of Tellurian.
- Hajime Wakuda, President of the Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation.
- ADIPEC was moved online following a directive from the Abu Dhabi Department of Culture and Tourism that physical events should not take place in light of the Covid-19 restrictions.
- The next face-to-face ADIPEC will take place from November 9-12, 2021 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
Held under the patronage of the President of the United Arab Emirates, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and organised by the Global Energy division of dmg events, ADIPEC is the global meeting point for oil and gas professionals. Standing as one of the world’s top energy events, and the largest in the world, ADIPEC is a knowledge-sharing platform that enables industry experts to exchange ideas and information that shape the future of the energy sector. The 36th edition of ADIPEC will be hosted by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and supported by the UAE Ministry of Energy & Infrastructure, Masdar, the Abu Dhabi Chamber, the Abu Dhabi Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi Ports and the Department of Education and Knowledge. dmg events is committed to helping the growing international energy community.
To find out more about ADIPEC Virtual 2020 visit: www.adipec.com
ADNOC is one of the world’s leading diversified energy and petrochemicals groups. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, ADNOC is a primary catalyst for the UAE’s growth and diversification.
For further information on ADNOC visit: www.adnoc.ae
About dmg events
dmg events is a leading organiser of conferences, exhibitions and provider of information services and industry platforms. We keep businesses informed and connected through our live events and digital platforms.
dmg events organises more than 80 events across 25 countries, attracting over 700,000 in person attendees and delegates every year. dmg events has a global database of over 3m contacts enabling the industries we serve to remain connected, engaged and thrive. The company’s portfolio of products includes many industry-leading events in the energy, construction, hospitality & design, coatings and transportation sectors.
© Press Release 2020
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.