London-listed Chariot , an Africa-focused transitional energy company, has completed the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) on the key components of its flagship Anchois gas development project offshore Morocco.

The Anchois gas field is located within the Lixus Offshore licence area, in which Chariot holds a 75 percent interest and operatorship. State-owned Hydrocarbons and Mines Office (ONHYM) holds the remaining 25 percent interest.

Chariot began the FEED for the Anchois development in June 2022, the company said in a statement.

In addition to the FEED, other technical work has been in progress, including conducting onshore and offshore environmental baseline surveys, developing the drilling planning and finalising the field development plan.

The statement added that the company has now called for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) commercial proposals.

Adonis Pouroulis, CEO, Chariot, said: “We have made excellent progress across all aspects of our planned development for Anchois and detailed discussions on partnering, gas sales agreements and project finance continue concurrently as we move towards final investment decision.”

The conclusion of the FEED stage, largely performed by the Subsea Integration Alliance, is an important step in defining the initial development plan to deliver gas to the company’s anchor customers.

“In conjunction with the field development plan and environmental and social impact assessment work completed to date, we have further cemented the viability and commercial potential of the development, founded upon its excellent reservoir and gas properties,” Pouroulis stated.

(Writing by P Deol; Editing by Anoop Menon)