Dubai: A range of leading Northern Ireland companies specialising in the mining, quarrying and bulk materials handling sector are exhibiting at The Mining Show. The companies will demonstrate the strong and vibrant engineering ecosystem in Northern Ireland, producing success stories across a number of industries.
In attendance at The Mining Show 2021 was Northern Ireland’s Minister for the Economy, Mr. Gordon Lyons, who is participating in his first official visit to the United Arab Emirates this week.
Speaking at The Mining Show 2021, Mr. Gordon Lyons, Minister for the Economy in Northern Ireland, commented: “Mining and quarrying are central for the enabling of critical industries in the Middle East and Africa. Northern Ireland businesses have built up decades of experience in the sector, and are bringing such expertise and success stories to the region. With a growth of over 40% in exports of the Materials handling machinery sector, we are keen to continue to support companies from Northern Ireland grow in this region.”
Northern Ireland companies have established a strong track-record of working to provide solutions to infrastructure projects across the Middle East and Africa. CDE, a leading company in wet processing, has recently commissioned a turnkey 75 tonnes per hour silica sand washing plant in Saudi Arabia for Muadinoon Mining Company. The new plant will use CDE Technology to produce 0 – 600 micron high quality silica sand while also significantly reducing costly water consumption.
Powerscreen, world-leading manufacturer of mobile crushing and screening equipment for the mining and quarrying industries, has been working closely with its Ethiopian dealer, who has successfully sold and commissioned the first train of PT400X Jaw crusher, MT1000 cone crusher, and Chieftain1700 screen in 2021. The equipment will be used by one of the region’s major construction companies, for use on one of their prestigious projects within Ethiopia.
Also exhibiting at the show is Telestack, which offers bulk-handling solutions and successfully delivered aggregates unloading systems for the Port of Salalah in Oman.
Sensoteq, which provides wireless sensors for heavy industry, has recently expanded its market reach to Africa, completing its first installations in mining applications to market-leading South African manufacturer, Vibramech. This system ensures that all aspects of Vibramech’s vibrating equipment will be monitored 24/7, providing added insurance for machine performance.
Invest Northern Ireland, the region’s economic development agency continues to support the export growth of companies from Northern Ireland. Meet Invest Northern Ireland and the companies from Northern Ireland at stand D20, The Mining Show.
Companies who will be exhibiting at Invest Northern Ireland’s stand during The Mining Show 2021 include:
- CDE: CDE is a leading provider of wet processing equipment for quarries, mines, and recycling operations. Working across five regions globally, CDE has been co-creating with customers for nearly 30 years to deliver almost 2,000 projects.
- EDGE Innovate’s product line is made up of reliable, durable and cost saving products with a wide range of mobile stockpilers, tracked stackers, tracked and mobile feeders, trommels, waste shredders, picking stations, windshifters, roll-sizers and truck off-loaders available. The company’s products allow customers to shred, screen, separate, stockpile and size a vast array of materials.
- Omega Crushing and Screening Ltd is based in Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland, the home of innovation for Mobile Crushing and Screening. The company specialises in the manufacture of mobile Crushing and Screening plants. Years of experience in this field has allowed Omega to manufacture new wheel mounted and tracked electrically powered Crushers and Screens to the worldwide market. The latest development for Omega is the J1065M. This state-of-the-art primary Jaw Crusher has been purposed designed for the requirements of quarries, surface mines, recycling plants and demolition companies who require a cost-effective mobile aggregates solution.
- McCloskey International leads the screening and crushing industry with a complete line of equipment for the mining industry including high performance crushers, vibrating screeners, trommels and stacking conveyors. Designed and built with power and durability suited to the toughest conditions, McCloskey delivers high performance products through its dealer network globally.
- Sensoteq provides advanced wireless condition monitoring technologies for IIOT fault diagnosis. With predictive maintenance fast becoming the new standard in leading-edge mining companies, the company’s systems provide continuous monitoring of stroke, motion and vibration parameters, measuring efficiency on machines such as screens, crushers and centrifuges, and alerting your team to machine failures before they occur.
- Smiley Monroe produce customised ‘endless’ conveyor belts for the world’s materials processing equipment brands - from Tyrone to Tennessee and Tampere to Tamil Nadu. By staying close to customers, the company solves their problems, with innovations like Zip Clip® - the replacement belt that maximises machine uptime in remote locations.
- Telestack are one of the key players in the bulk material handling equipment industry offering a range of Ship loaders, Ship unloaders, Hopper Feeders, Truck Unloaders, Bulk Reception Feeders, Stockpiling Conveyors, Link Conveyors and Telescopic Stackers. Telestack’s range of customised solutions follow the logistics chain from Pit to Port, to Plant enhancing productivity, flexibility and efficiency in any operation.
- Terex® Finlay are global pioneers in tracked mobile crushing and screening solutions and offer a comprehensive range of equipment to the quarrying, mining, construction, demolition and recycling industries. Their range of innovative machines are manufactured to provide efficient production, low operational costs and ease of maintenance.
- Terex Washing Systems are an award winning provider of advanced wet processing solutions for material and mineral washing, separation and recovery.
- ProStack offers a comprehensive portfolio of products to address the needs of the bulk material handling and product stockpiling markets. The ProStack portfolio consists of the Manta Port Hopper series, the Hornet Bulk Reception Feeder series, the Telson Telescopic Conveyor series and the Ranger Tracked Conveyor series. All are designed to include a multitude of options to tailor these machines to meet customer demands.
- Powerscreen is a global leader and expert in the mobile crushing and screening industry. The company is dedicated to customer support, passionate about excellent design and innovation and fiercely proud of their machines working all over the world. Powerscreen is a proud Terex brand within the Materials Processing segment at Terex Corporation.
About Invest Northern Ireland
Invest NI is the regional economic development agency for Northern Ireland. Our role is to grow the local economy by helping new and existing business to compete internationally and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland. In the Middle East, we have International Business Offices in Dubai (Dubai Internet City), Jeddah (British Consulate General), Qatar (British Embassy in Doha), and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Invest NI’s International Business Offices help Northern Ireland companies to increase exports, develop international collaborations and seek new investment, bringing greater prosperity to this part of the United Kingdom.
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.