- Company unveils its groundbreaking new hybrid cloud compute platform for the next decade: the Cisco UCS® X-Series, powered by Cisco Intersight™
- Leading brands around the world share how they are working together with Cisco to build and support their cloud strategies including KBR, Kaleida Health, Rakuten Mobile and more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Cisco has announced new ways it is helping customers accelerate digital transformation as they move more resources to the cloud.
The hyper-connected, distributed world we live in now relies on cloud more than ever, and IT teams are facing challenges to provide people with the optimal digital experience wherever and whenever they need access. As a result, businesses are migrating to a cloud-driven operational model based on speed, insight, and control to bridge the greater distribution of applications, users, and tech staff and to enhance digital workplace solutions.
Enabling customers to realize better outcomes from the cloud
Cisco has made multibillion-dollar investments over the past six years to build cloud into every aspect of its business, focusing on helping customers develop complete cloud strategies with confidence across five key areas: Continuity, Insights, Security, Connectivity, and Operations.
During its virtual ‘Future Cloud’ event, the company showcased how it is advancing its cloud strategy across several of these areas to help businesses connect, secure, and automate to deliver a seamless digital experience that enables the smart workplace in today’s hybrid cloud world.
“User experience is key to success in a digital world,” said Reem Asaad, Vice President, Cisco Middle East and Africa. “We are focused on empowering technology groups to securely deliver the best possible application experiences. Only Cisco can power the hybrid-cloud solutions, observability, insights and automation necessary to be truly cloud smart.”
New hybrid cloud innovations announced include:
- Hybrid Cloud Operations:
- Introducing the new Cisco UCS X-Series: Cisco’s Unified Computing System™ (UCS) is used in data centers by more than 50,000 customers worldwide. Fully integrated with Cisco Intersight, UCS X-Series is a first-of-its-kind system designed for hybrid operations from the cloud and across the clouds. Blending the best of rack and blade systems and featuring revolutionary UCS X-Fabric technology, it’s built for workload versatility today and comes future-ready for the next decade of industry innovation in processors, accelerators, and computing interconnects.
- Intersight Cloud Orchestrator: Provides a low-code, easy-to-use automation framework that simplifies complex workflows, so IT Ops can easily orchestrate infrastructure and workloads and accelerate delivery of services.
- Intersight Workload Engine: A powerful platform for modern, cloud native workloads. Built on an open-source Kubernetes and Kernel-based virtual machine (KVM) foundation using container-native virtualization, Intersight Workload Engine is a Cisco operating system for HyperFlex™, featuring consistent SaaS management.
- Cisco Service Mesh Manager: A new extension to the Intersight Kubernetes Service, bringing deep observability and simplified management with policy-based security and intuitive visualization of services topologies across K8s clusters on-prem and in the cloud.
- Cisco Cloud ACI: Available on AWS, Azure, and now on Google Cloud with general availability in the Fall of 2021. The Cloud ACI® common policy and operating model drastically reduces the cost and complexity of managing hybrid and multicloud deployments.
- For more information on additional new products supporting hybrid cloud operations, visit here.
- Observability and Insights:
- Integration of ThousandEyes Internet and Cloud Intelligence with the Cisco Catalyst® 8000 Edge Series for SD-WAN and Cisco Nexus® 9000 switches for data centers to provide customers with valuable insights on network health and application performance by monitoring across campus, branch, data centers, and every point of the WAN network between the user and applications.
- Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator acts a single pane of glass for configuring and managing common policies across multiple on-prem ACI sites, AWS and Microsoft Azure regions, and, announcing today, coming this fall to Google Cloud.
- Intersight Cloud Orchestrator: Provides a low-code, easy-to-use framework to create and automate complex workflows, so IT Ops can easily orchestrate infrastructure and workloads and accelerate delivery of services.
- Customer Experience (CX) Services for Cloud:
- CX Business Critical Services for Cloud provide advisory services plus expertise to architect, deploy, secure, and optimize digital transformation.
- CX Intersight Workload Optimizer Services enhance the resource consumption of applications in the cloud.
- CX Advanced Services for ThousandEyes and SD-WAN deliver the best application experience for cloud solutions, providing expert design and integration to reduce project complexity and speed transformation.
- Custom Quick Start Solutions provide expert services for end-to-end automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.